Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mini cyclone and sand...

found the ClearView site...

Thanks,

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Rose
    Jim,

I suspect it would. Remember that this is a "shop vac" deal, at least at this point. I wonder if I should just build a "trash can deflector" kind of rig. Then again, thin sheet metal would probably dissolve if velocity is anywhere near the gun speed. But it may be slowed enough to not matter.

I guess I should try the manufacturer, but I'll bet they've not been faced with this question/thought.

David
    David, if you haven't actually seen the Oneida Dust Deputy, it is constructed of quite heavy material and it's well fabricated. This isn't light weight tin. If a wear spot did develop eventually, if would be simple to just cut out the worn piece and weld in a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Thom
    David, if you haven't actually seen the Oneida Dust Deputy, it is constructed of quite heavy material and it's well fabricated. This isn't light weight tin. If a wear spot did develop eventually, if would be simple to just cut out the worn piece and weld in a patch.
    Agree. I saw the prototype and it was heavy guage steel, not "HVAC" type material.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Rick and Jim,

No, I haven't seen the Dust Deputy. I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions huh?

Thanks,

David

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Thom

Thanks, Andrew. I found it early this morning.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shaber

Ed at Clear Vue said that he won't "guarantee" sand to not eat the plastic, but really doesn't think it will hurt it. He has a customer collecting machined ceramic dust for 18 months with no problem.

Thanks everyone! Decisions decisions...

David

Here's another metal cyclone for shop vac. The vendor has good reviews and was responsive to my questions. The price is right.

Moderator Edit: Auction #280059798544 EBAY
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-20-2006 at 4:49 PM. Reason: Removed direct link to auction

Al,

Yes, the price IS right! Did you buy one? How efficient is it? How much dust carries over to the vac?

David

Quote Originally Posted by Al Garay
    Here's another metal cyclone for shop vac. The vendor has good reviews and was responsive to my questions. The price is right.

Moderator Edit: Auction #280059798544 EBAY

sorry about the link...

It's on my list to buy right after Christmas. I've already done a lot of tool purchases as Birthday and Christmas gifts.