Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Weekend Doin's" - Christmas Edition

I get off work Friday at 6:00 and don't have to go back until Tues at 7 am. Sat am I need to go install the garage door section I built for a friend last Sunday. I'm going to try to primer it this afternoon/evening...hopefully it will dry. Then clean the van out for the trip to Oklahoma Sunday am to my FIL's house for Christmas. LOML has 3 siblings, 6 kids total between them, ranging from 1 year to 21. Will run by my parents house at Lake Texoma on the way up to drop off gifts. It was a trip that almost didn't happen because of all the rescue dogs that have come in.
    Merry Christmas! Be safe. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Happy and safe holidays to all!!!

For me, SWMBO put my back against the wall last night - no more procrasinating for me - I will be starting kitchen cabinet install this weekend. She used logic (of all things) to get me to the point where I had no choice but to agree to start hanging them.

Also, I have two youngsters (2 and 5) who are virtually vibrating with excitement about a visit from a guy who will enter via the chimney this weekend. So much so that get some concerned looks, wispering between them and question from my oldest (as the delegate) whenever I lite a fire in the fireplace. At that age they have a vested interest in making the visit as convenient as possible for the jolly one.

I also had to field a question this week from my oldest making inquiries about the diameter of the chimney.

Ho Ho Ho its almost Christmas

Have to shop for wife!!! My Mom and Sis are coming in tomorrow so most of the weekend will be spent conbining all the above. We might even get some sleep if my 5 week old is somewhat cooperative.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-21-2006 at 2:41 PM. Reason: Removal of illusion to profanity - Not allowed at SMC
    Jay Kilpatrick in Saginaw, Tx

Howdy Karl,

Merry Christmas to you and everyone here.!!!!

I'm still working on the black lacquer finish on the computer desk as well as beginning the work on the kitchen table project. I'll be working on that off and on as time permits.

Gotta get ready for Christmas Day and I even have a couple of gifts to deliver before Saturday.

Best of Holiday Weekends to each of you.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Saturday 12/23/06

Had to do an update to the original forecast. It now looks like we MAY get some SNOW for Christmas. I sure hope so. This brown is really getting old.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Good luck on the snow Karl. I am turning presents until I pull out of the driveway on Christmas day. We will take our daughter down to the coast and visit the flat landers clans from whenst we came. I plan to make a trip over to Baton Rouge while down there so I can drop off the candle table I have posted over in the turning forum to some very close friends and I hope to eat some "dads" while I'm there...

Though I have no last minute gifts to finish, didn't produce any gifts from my, one day will be a basement wood shop, I did want to send a Merry and Saft Christmas to all you Creekers out there.

My step kids will be with their biologiacl father this year, so I've volunteered to work Christmas Day (since someone has to). I'll certainly be catching up on my SMC reading that day. My family will be celebrating our Christmas upon their return on Wed. then on to my folks place for the extended family celebraation on Thur and Fri. Will hopefully be bringing back supplies for the Basement/shop converstion project

Merry Christmas Creekers!!!!
    The only way to make dreams come true is to wake up.

I'm hoping for a very slow weekend. The Christmas shopping is all but done, one more gift to pick up, and then do some wrapping.
    I've already got a few of my gifts,and they are very sharp now. Gloats not allowed until monday though.

Karl. I hope Tama's braces don't have too much of an effect on her weekend. The new braces are a lot different than braces of years ago. Here's hoping that her weekend is spectacular. Your family photo is beautiful, thanks for sharing your family with us.

To all though. Have a very happy and safe holiday. I'm looking forward to the gloats on monday.

The weekend...

I'll be spending several hours in the domestic shop (i.e. kitchen) creating my famous Italian Almond Cookies - otherwise known as Joey's Biscotti - for our holiday visiting.

I big thank you to all here at the Creek. I have and continue to learn so very much.

A very Merry Chrismas to all!

Please don't forget to share, think, pray or send Christmas wishes to our heroes in uniform. This time of year can be quite a challenge for them and their families.

Enjoy!

-joe
    Illegitimi non carborundum

"If you walk, just walk, if you sit, just sit, but whatever you do, don't wobble."
    -Zen Master Unmon

To gain additional features, benefits and ad-free access to SMC
    CLICK --> http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Thumbs up Cheers to ALL!!!

"Weekend". Hmmmm...Mine started at 7:00 p.m. this last Wednesday and will last until I return to work next year, on the 2nd!

Gonna' try and fix my truck topper and spinning off a few more bottle stoppers, per request of the "Boss". Visit w/fellow Creeker on Saturday. Then it's on to cleaning up shop after several mini-projects. Somewhere in between, I expect to get a little lathe time and maybe spend a bit of time with my Akeda.

Christmas celebrations will be split up between two big days, Monday and then sometime next weekend, when my step-daughter and her kids show up. And, trying to go "easy" on the celebrations, as I'm still trying to knock out that last 10 lbs. or so!

And, just want to take this opportunity to wish everyone at the Creek a very Merry Christmas and/or wonderful Holiday Season, persuant to whatever Celebration you honor! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful community! Creekers ROCK!!!!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!