Thread: shop made air filter pictures

shop made air filter pictures

I finished the air filter a few weeks ago,,,it is a plywood box on wheels,,,,I've been using it everyday I'm in the shop it has been doing a good job cleaning the air,,today I cut up 4 sheets of plywood there was very little dust in the shop and that cleared out within 1/2 hour when I quit cutting,,, I need to blow out filters aleast once a week,,,,I have it on a 12 hr. timer I set it to run a couple hrs after I leave the shop,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike

Hi Mike

Looks like a fun project. I would put a top on the whole thing maybe 6" or so above the filters so you could use it as a work bench of sorts. Maybe even make a top with a bunch of holes and call it a sanding down draft table. If the holes were the right size you could easly clamp "stuff" to the top. Have a cover that you store on the side of the beast for when you want to use it as a work table. Since you are already bringing power to the unit, to run the blower, you could put and outlet on it to plug in a hand tool you might be using.

Thanks
    The Large print givith
    and the fine print takith away

I have one that I built that is quite similar. It hangs from the feiling in the center of my shop and I have added a speed control to the motor as well so I can slow it down a bit when needed. My blower is a squirrel cage unit from a gas furnace with a direct drive motor. Works very well filtering the air and also does a good job of circulating warm air during the winter months.