Thread: Anybody going to Portland woodworking show?

Anybody going to Portland woodworking show?

I will be going Saturday morning and staying until I get tired. I don't have a Saw Mill Creek hat and I lost both of the Badger Pond hats I had. I do have all ten fingers, that narrows it down a little. I could wear my Router Lady tee shirt that Carol Reed gave me. Probably wont be very many people wearing those. I am pretty sure I know who I am anyway.

Dave Smith

I equals me in Longview, WA.
    "Every man is as heaven made him and sometimes a great deal worse."
    Cervantes

I'm not going but for those who are you can just look for this guy

Wish I could be there Dave...gonna get out to the left coast someday.

Noah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; wheter by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easeir because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Router Lady shirt to boot.

Hi Noah,

Not counting today how long had we been friends? Yep, that's me turning at Sophie's BBQ last August. Actually I was pretending to know what I was doing. Even have my name tag on so I could remember who I was.

See you at Sophie's next year.

Dave Smith

I don't know what I am doing but I fake it really well in Longview, WA.
    Cervantes

Dave,
    Wished I could also. I saw a few things at the Tacoma show that I would like to see further demos on.

Will be doing some honey-do's and shop work this weekend. Supposed to rain hard so mostly shop time.
    RayJ

Was thinking bout it but...

I was just reminded that among other things that are already filling my weekend I have to build two end tables and a coffee table by this Thanksgiving and I don't even have the lumber milled yet!

Sophie, who is getting very tired of working overtime every night. I wanna go home and work in my shop!!!
    Sophie

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Smith
    I will be going Saturday morning and staying until I get tired.
    Dave,
    SWMBO and I will be driving to Portland from the Tri-Cities (about 3 hours) but not until Sunday. Sometimes the prices are a little better on machinery "they" don't wont to take back with them on the last day. We saw the turning demo at Tacoma and Roger (?) said he will be in Portland, a few more things I would like to watch that we missed. Will pick up the DeWalt 20" scrollsaw if the price is the same as Tacoma ($388) with stand and light as it seemed a bargain and better yet, if no sales tax. Had hoped to run into you, figuratively. Maybe next time.
    Ernie
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 11-14-2003 at 10:34 AM. Reason: fixed quote coding
    Ernie on-the-dry-side; WA

Perhaps an other time.

Hi Ernie,

I don't have plans to go Sunday. Still planning to go Saturday morning. I see a turning demo by Steve Russell, is he the guy you saw in Tacoma?

Let me know if you would like to stop by my shop. I am about 45 minutes north of the Expo Center.

Dave Smith

Checking my list in Longview, WA
    Cervantes