Thread: shipping things

Smile shipping things

I am looking for a way to ship my covered wagon. The brown store wants $38.00 to ship 35 lbs. Thjat is hight I think. Does anyone know of a way to ship cheaper? Thanks for any help. Mike

Mike, you may want to do as I have, and visit the UPS website and setup your own account for shipping using the "Big Brown Truck". It is simple to establish an account, and you can pay your shipping charges with a credit/debit card. This is a great service, and a good way to avoid the extra charges that most package drop-off stores charge. You can print your shipping label, and also a receipt. Our local UPS store, which was formerly a Mail Boxes Etc., used to charge an obscene rate for shipping with UPS. Now, I simply do my invoices and labels online, drop off the package, using my packaging, at the UPS store, and they only charge $1.00 for the drop off service, which I can live with. As far as I know, this is the cheapest way to ship via UPS. It works for me! Good Luck!

(I have no affiliation with UPS, and I WOULD like to see Dale race the Big Brown Truck!)

as far as I know you have two choices usps or ups,,,,I don't think one is much different in prices,,,,,when I need to ship I put down thje package and credit card I don't ask and I don't have favorite one over the other,,,,,I havn't tried kevins way,,,,,,,but if I feel real cheap I take the packabe down to my brothers machine shop and sneak it in his out going,,,,,,
    Mike

I find that FedEX ground (formerly RPS) is generally less money than UPS, at least in my area. I have to drive a little farther, but sometimes the difference is more than enough to justify the extra miles.

BTW, be sure you are dealing directly with the shipper...using the store-fronts that offer shipping often adds to the cost, in my experience. They add a chunk of change on the top!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Totally agree with Jim. When I was shipping the cyclone kits, Fed Ex Ground was significantly cheaper than UPS. You can get quotes from both websites so you can compare.

Terry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mine local one doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gersty
    Our local UPS store, . . . . Now, I simply do my invoices and labels online, drop off the package, using my packaging, at the UPS store, and they only charge $1.00 for the drop off service, . . . . . It works for me! Good Luck!
    Our local UPS store just smiles and says thank you when we take packages in. No charge for drop-off.

I also use the service Kevin describes. Works great!

Ted

I have also found that, in most cases, FedEx Ground was cheaper that both UPS and USPS. I have a FedEx account and they pick up here so I don't have do the "drop off" thing. I have also opened a UPS acct but have not used it yet. (Selling on E-Bay is a wonderful thing). The biggest problem you may have is the size of the package not the weight.
    Dan McLaughlin

Smile shipping things

Thanks for the help. The box is 36x20x15. I am going to ut my covered wagon on ebay , And see what happens. Mike