Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Woo Hoo! It's Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Perry
    At that address for EGL there is a contact number. It is a 800 number that will connect you to a live person that should be able to tell you where you lathe is at.
    I called the number on the contact site and they said it will be delivered on Monday, the 8th. Very friendly and very helpful lady I talked to at EGL.

1-800-888-4949

Guys, I hope all of yours comes soon. I live in Pa so I was a tad closer. I was able to track mine via amazon.

Bob

Driver just called he is on the ferry headed my way. Hope that darn ferry don't sink.

Well I just got a call before dinner. The lathe will be here tomorrow between 8 and 12. Now I know why they couldn't track it, it wasn't Eagle. It's Bestway Delivery

On my shipment, eagle was responsible to Houston then it's going to Carr Delivery for the final leg. I suspect others are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Heine
    Andrew,

If any of you Palmgren/Craftsman owners have problems, I encourage you to contact Palmgren via email or a phone call. They are very nice people, and have provided the very best service for anything I have wanted or needed.

Happy Turning,
    Dan Heine
    I agree with Daniel. I had problems with the one I bought from Sears. Big time problems to the tune of 4 service calls. Anyway the gentleman at Palmgren asked me for a model, lot number and serial number. I told him it didn't have one. We could not find a sticker with any info on it. So he called me the next day and said a brand new 2006 headstock was on the way overnight. I got it the next afternoon. So yea they do take care of their customers.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Mine got here today about 2pm. I got it all unpacked and mounted on the old stand. Now I am going to have to beef up the old stand. I also got a new 8" grinder I had to get set up. I was going to make some sawdust but sometime or other I have put my turning tools up and can't find them. I hate getting old.

EGL was who brought mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Perry
    Mine got here today about 2pm. I got it all unpacked and mounted on the old stand. .....
    Oh no!!!! I've gone blind!!! Bobby got his lathe but I can't see it!!!!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

I will take pictures tomorrow. Wife has my camera in the car and she is gone to Galveston.

Got mine today. The operators manual looks REALLY good. Hate when they just list parts (without pointing out what they are even) Even has turning directions! (Now THAT might help me a lot lol)

congrads, But I guess it didn't happen cause I ain't seeing no pictures!!

Bob

Mine is waiting for me at home! I think I ordered mine on 12/28 & I'm in eastern PA. LOML called me at work & said it was delivered & is sitting on the side porch under roof, which is good because it's raining here. She did say that the box was open & the driver said it just happened when he was unloading it at the house so I hope everything is OK. I won't be able to set mine up for maybe a couple of weeks so it's going to be killing me knowing I have a new toy & I can't play with it
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Well, it's still in the box. Need to get a table built. But here's a boxed picture lol What do y'all use for cleaning that gunky grease off the parts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Campbell
    ....What do y'all use for cleaning that gunky grease off the parts?
    I used wood shavings. Cherry, as I recall.

Kidding...WD-40 and a paper towel does the trick - Congratulations!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Thanks John!