Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

"Weekend Doin's"

Friday January 5th, 2007

The first weekend of the new year. Have you kept all your resolutions so far??? I usually don't make any, however I did make two for this year. One is to lose some weight and two is to do a lot more WW'ing this year.

That being said, I'm still waiting on getting the X-31 up and running. Needed new springs for the jointer infeed/outfeed rollers. They sent the wrong ones and now I have to wait until next week to get the right ones before I can get the thing back together.

I must say we are having a very mild winter, so far [KOW]. We have only had a small amout of snow and that was way back before turkey day. Temps for the last couple of weeks have been mostly in the high 30's to high 40's. From what I understand even the north woods and U.P. are snowless. For those of you in NM, CO, KS, NE and other areas snowed in, all I can say is, it's only a little over 60 days until spring.

So what's on the agenda for you this weekend? Hope it's a productive couple of days.

As for the MOA, hope all is going better and you will be out making little ones out of big ones soon.

Take care and make it a safe weekend.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Hey Karl
    In town for the weekend.
    Packing, clean up, a little plumbing and some projects for my lady friends .
    Hope to do a little creeker visit this weekend .
    Play Safe.
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 01-05-2007 at 8:21 AM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

First I have to rehang a bunch of pictures after we had several rooms painted and LOML wants to move things.
    Second, I am going to the Columbus Woodcraft for a class with Glen Huey on jigs and fixtures. Hope to pick up some tips that will make it easier to build furniture.
    Third is to work on a dining table for my daughter. I have the fames made for the frame and flat panel top and will work on the base this weekend. Waiting for my vacuum press equipment to show up before I do the panels.
    And LOML wants to go out to dinner and a movie.

I'll start the weekend off with the usual Saturday morning ritual of whipping up buttermilk pancakes from scratch for the family. Then my oldest son and I will head to the BORG for the monthly Kid's Workshop not sure what the project is this month, but it is free and he gets a kick out of the one on one time.

I guess free is a relative term, since it is rare that we make a trip to that strore where I don't walk out with something....

I am then going to work on a few of the jigs that I have been wanting to build for a while. I had a minor setback last night on a dado cutting jig for my router, which will require me to start all over. Fortuntately, the part I messed up on is hardboard, so in terms of $$$ I am not out much.

Depending on how that goes, I may start on a box joint jig for my table saw, or perhaps I might pick up some pine and start work on some hanging wall shelves I saw in a magazine.

There is an off chance that we will pack up the family and drive to Roanoke for some shopping, and I would have to swing by the Woodcraft store while we are there.

Ambitious plans to be sure, I will be lucky if I even pick up the hardboard for the dado jig!

Saturday is the normal rat-race, although we're exchanging swimming instead of dance for the younger; the older continues in Karate. Sunday morning, Fred Voorhees is coming over and we'll be bucking a lot of ash that came down for my driveway project for firewood. The afternoon will be spent at a Russian Christmas party. Effectively, I'll have little shop time this weekend.

But I am picking up my new "lumber and machinery hauler" later today...more on that in the OT forum once it's real!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Sameo-sameo here, finishing the second section of TS extensions and starting on the bigger sled.
    If UPS is nice to me, I'll have the PC bisquit cutter at my door today and maybe play with that.
    Also maybe if Tylers hungry and in the area, get a buger at Matt's bar with him.

Al

I had a very productive week, and I am hoping a very productive weekend, God willing.

I finished wiring my cyclone to the 220V circuit in the new workshop, I finished all the metal duct runs to my planer and jointer and finished the DC connection to CMS. I'll have pics of that soon.

This weekend I hope to finish a clamp rack, re arrange the wood rack and get the cyclone up and running again, finally and install a "whole shop" vacumn system.

(I may need to replace my clutch master cylinder on my car, the shop was going to charge me $370! for a new one I can get half a table saw with that!!)

My goal is to be able to put some shop tour pics up by the end of the weekend.
    Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.

I have sorta worked out of rp doors to build this weekend but I do need to do a panel wall about 5 feet long and I'm planning to work on a display case for the local school's art department. Should be a pretty good weekend cause nothing I have to do needs to be done by Monday morning. I may lay around in the house a little but everytime I do that it seems that I get another load of work to do for the next weekend.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.