Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bosch Jigsaw...Top handle or barrel grip?

This is something you're just going to have to feel for yourself. I ended up with the handle grip after about 1/2 hour in the store holding both types. I've got large hands but the barrel grip just seemed to point towards more hand fatigue for me. I also preferred the trigger switch, but it was primarily hand comfort that made my decision. This is like the paper/plastic or boxer/briefs decision - which one makes more sense or feels better for you?.
    Use the fence Luke

Either one will be a great choice. I chose the barrel grip because I felt it gave me more control. I would agree, however, that the switch could be in a better place. I would suggest looking at the Bosch factory sight for rebuilts. I've bought a number of their products their and have been very satisfied. Warranty is the same a new. http://bosch.cpotools.com/reconditioned_tools

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

I have the top handle and I seem to have good control...I do like the barrel also , but have never used it
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

I have the barrel grip and it cuts like a hot knife through butter. Grip is a matter of preference. I like the barrel grip because I fell like it has more control.

My .02.

Regards,
    Chuck

I like the barrel grip, but it's really going to come down to the size of your hands.
    I have long guitar player fingers, and hands so I can wrap my hands around the barrel and have a lot of dexterity. You'll just have to try both, and like Goldilocks, find the one that is "just right".

Blog Entries

BArrel Grip

When I bought my new jig saw, I chose the Bosch barrel grip. On my old B&D saw I found I was gripping it by the body more than the handle for contriol. The Bosch Barrel grip is better in my opinion for that reason. You can turn the saw on and off with your thumb and the variable speed dial can be adjusted with the free hand if necessary. Either one should be a good choice and you will love the cutting of this saw. With the T234X blades you can get cuts nearly as smooth as a table saw for straight or very large radius curves.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I had both types (makita)
    I liked the barrel best
    But the D handle unit was heavier duty.

8. Today I saw a new 1590 for sale on Austin Craig's List for $115. Had extra blades and supposedly never been used. Number 258947107 if anyone is interested. I don't need one or I would jump on it.
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.