Thread: Su6

Su6

Just thought I'd make the SU users aware that SU6Pro is now available from Google. For current users of SU5Pro or older pro versions, the upgrade is FREE!

Cool stuff has been added including 3D text, new rendering styles and a package called Layout for doing presentations including SU models that gives you the ability to make drawings with title blocks and text. (I'm simplifying what Layout is about)

Check it out.

Thanks for posting Dave. I was going to last night, but figured you would, and you're the SMC SU guy!

I've been part of the beta for SU V6, and there are some awesome new features included. Some of them aren't anything that Joe/Joette Woodworker would really need to take advantage of for drawing stuff he/she will be building in home shop, while others are fun and cool.

I would suggest giving the thought to upgrade a couple days to cook in your minds, for two reasosns:

1) Most of Google/SketchUp team has just left the office for the Macworld Expo in San Francisco. This is where they will officially announce the availability of SU V6.

2) Several folks are having some issues downloading and running the new V6 code. (Both Google website issues and V6 licensing issues.) Therefore, due to #1 above, it might be a couple days before this all gets worked out.

But, if you want to do it ASAP - go for it!

Enjoy! Oh, and Dave was part of the Beta team too. His feet are wet.

Todd

Thanks for the heads-up, Dave! And I agree with your suggestion for patience over a few days, Todd...with "support" out of town, waiting a few days isn't a horrible idea at all.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Todd, you made a good point. FWIW, I had no trouble at all downloading and registering my copy of SU6Pro.

Jim, I hope you get to give it a try soon. You'll like it.