Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few products ready for a show **PICS**

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)

A few products ready for a show **PICS**

I have a large Craft Show on Dec 5, 6 & 7 and not a lot of time to finish getting ready. I still have 45 more pens (3 of Berea's new styles), a few (10 to 20) acrylic FT American pens, more toothpick/money key rings and some more braclet helpers (acrylic) to make.

I guess I had better hit the shop in a serious manner for the next week or so .

Here is a pic of a few things I have ready so far

I have a few bowls and turned boxes also ready - I will show pics of those and the other stuff later next week - God willing and the creek don't rise (no pun intended)

p.s. -- will try to do a bettter job on pic quality next time also
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 11-20-2003 at 8:47 AM.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Hi Ken

That's a nice assortment. It looks to me like there's a bunch more of those zebra wood platinum pens there. I showed mine to two or three of the local Creekers on Saturday at our NH guild meeting and they were suitably impressed. From our discussion the other night it sounds like you have enuf of the makin's to get your stock of finished goods up to the "show" level. Yup, time for some long hours at the lathe.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Ken, that's a pretty good starter set! Keep them tools sharp. Todd.

Ken, that is quite an assortment! What are those things on the left hand side? I hate to say it, but they look like roach clips.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Grumbine
    Ken, that is quite an assortment! What are those things on the left hand side? I hate to say it, but they look like roach clips.

Bill
    Bill, that's what they are, but he's trying to pawn those off as "bracelet helpers". (The other 2/3 of his stash is going UPS to some head shop in California!)

In case you haven't figured it out, I'm just funnin'!!! Those really ARE bracelet helpers and, if you think about it, they should work pretty well for that function.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

beautiful work!

WOW! That is quite a few projects! Nice assortment. Well wishes at your craft show. You should go over quite well.

Bill G and roach clips:-)

LMAOROTFL!!!!!!!!!!! You are the last person that I would imagine this comment coming from Bill :-)

What are those things on the left hand side? I hate to say it, but they look like roach clips.

Bill"
    Michael Mastin
    McKinney Hardwood Lumber
    Exotic and figured woods

Ooops....

that should have been "ROTFLMAO"
    Michael Mastin
    McKinney Hardwood Lumber
    Exotic and figured woods

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury
    I have a large Craft Show on Dec 5, 6 & 7 and not a lot of time to finish getting ready. I still have 45 more pens (3 of Berea's new styles), a few (10 to 20) acrylic FT American pens, more toothpick/money key rings and some more braclet helpers (acrylic) to make.

I guess I had better hit the shop in a serious manner for the next week or so .

Here is a pic of a few things I have ready so far

I have a few bowls and turned boxes also ready - I will show pics of those and the other stuff later next week - God willing and the creek don't rise (no pun intended)

As we used to say in the Navy, you've been "turning and burning" (pun fully intended :-) Good luck on sales.

I've got a show in Amarillo this weekend, Golden Spread Woodcarvers Show and Sell, and I might as well wish myself some luck also. Went to this show last year and had entries in six competitive classes (took three first places and three seconds) but SALES - ZERO.

Wolf

Ken ......

Nice work ..... you've had the right weather to hang out in the shop!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kiessling
    As we used to say in the Navy, you've been "turning and burning" (pun fully intended :-) Good luck on sales.

I've got a show in Amarillo this weekend, Golden Spread Woodcarvers Show and Sell, and I might as well wish myself some luck also. Went to this show last year and had entries in six competitive classes (took three first places and three seconds) but SALES - ZERO.

Wolf

Wolf ....

Sure would like to see some of you carving!! That's one of my wannabe's..........

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kiessling

Wolf

Ken, that is really a nice assortment of beautiful turnings for the Craft Show.............I hope you do very well, as you should. Very nice stuff there. I can see the "Old Rebel Workshop" has been a busy place. So, I just have to ask................how many Bud Light's does it take to accomplish all that turned work? Just funnin' ya! Good luck at the show, please let us know how you do. I'm hoping you come home carrying more green, and fewer turned items! Thanks for sharing the picture of your work.............it is really cool to see that many Pens and other things all laid out together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Salisbury

So send me a "larger" pic. I want to see them up close..!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Grumbine

Bill
    A picture is always worth a lot more than words:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Why, Ken...

For as much work that you do with your hands - they sure are feminine looking.