Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets see your shop woodstoves

Thanks for all the info. My shop is detatched and I will check my insurance before acting. The floor is concrete and walls are plywood. I (builder) know the codes and plan on surround of non flammable materials with airspace (2" in CT) behind.

I am not planning on burning down my garage as my father, the wx-fire chief would not soon let me forget that and he and his firefighter friends' verbal abuse would be the most unbearable part of it (trust me).

Just wanted to see pics. The one I got is slightly rusty (needs resto) and only about 12" in diameter and 24" tall. Its pretty cool. Not sure if I'll use it yet. Pics to follow.

I did learn that there is such a thing as triple wall pipe and will be investigating. I have a stove dealer near me called Nordic Stove and they are a pretty comprehensive source.
    Strive for perfection...Settle for completion

All good posts and they show the difference in thinking between city dwellers and country dwellers. Where I lived at the time I was using wood stoves I was rural; my nearest neighbor was 1 1/2 miles away and I listened to the coyotes and cougars at night. Had a bear or two come by, so we weren't in a place where we worried much about home inspectors. Even so I was careful about installing and operating stoves because fire protection was a long way off. I love wood stoves but I am from a generation when wood heat was used by a lot of people. Just do it right and be careful.
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.