Thread: SU6 Not Pro

SU6 Not Pro

I haven't looked at the Google SketchUp website but evidently they've also released a not pro version of SU6. For you GSUers it's worth taking a look.

That is correct, Dave. That is what I am currently running; Google SketchUp 6.0.277.

Seems to be running fine so far. Except that I don't know how to change the setting to allow the length of a selected line to display in the box down in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. I thought that this was a default in previous versions, but it's not currently working for me right now.

Any thoughts?

- Keith

Can you see the VCB (the box)?

Smile

Dave, thanks for letting us know about the SU6 free version. I just downloaded and installed the 32MB file. I was pleased to discover this is a completely separate version of SU. I now have SU5 and SU6 running on my laptop so I can compare my settings etc.. between the two versions.

One of the first things I noticed that I don't believe was part of SU5 is the abilitly to set your default measurements/drawing units to "woodworking". This is one of the first setting you must select the first time you run the program.

Jon, in my opinion, the Woodworking template (that's what you are selecting when you get started) leaves a bit to be desired. It is better than the previous default template but I would still make some changes to it.

Are you running Pro or not pro, Jon?

On the Sketchup Pages, they are only offering version 6 pro now, but if you go to Google's Sketchup pages, http://sketchup.google.com/ you can get to the free version. Took me a while to figure it out.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Dave, I am running the free version. Computers and Woodworking are my hobby but can't afford or justify the Pro version.

Jon, I understand the hobby thing. Take the time to set up a better template. If you need help with it let me know.