Thread: Pre-Pre & Unofficial Gloat

Talking Pre-Pre & Unofficial Gloat

Yesterday my wife convinced me to take her down the road to Cripple Creek to do some low limit gambling. I wasn't too thrilled at first since I usually end up losing my shirt and have been lamenting about my lack of a jointer and/or bandsaw. I have bathroom remodel supplies in my shop anyway and in general need more storage space, so maybe more tools wasn't a good idea.

Well, yesterday my luck changed! I put $10 in a dollar slot and came out with $300. Later I put $20 in a penny slot (lasts longer that way ) and hit the top jackpot of $1000! After putting back what money we took out for the day I've got the $1000 to play with and my lack of a jointer and bandsaw are to be no more.

I've decided on the Jet 6" jointer and Craftsman 14" steel frame bandsaw. I would like to have an 8" jointer someday, but after taking the measurements out to the garage I realized it just won't fit. At least the 6" should hold it's value if I ever get a bigger shop and go for the upgrade. Plus, for $399 at my local Woodcraft I think it's a very good value. As for the bandsaw, I'm now waiting for it to go back on sale and see if I can get an extra discount at the store by signing up for the Craftsman Club.

I'll post pics just as soon as I buy and take delivery. Maybe it would be a good time for an assembly pictorial and review too.

This is not the recommended way to finance tools, but it sure worked for me that day!
    Jeremy Gibson

2. Now that's great luck. Have fun with the tools

Jeremy, nice job taking your winning's and walking out.
    Most people usually end up losing it back.
    Enjoy your new tools.

Howie

Congrats Jeremy! I hope you bought a lottery ticket for tonight's drawing too!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Congrats Jeremy! I hope you bought a lottery ticket for tonight's drawing too!
    Funny you should mention that - I BOUGHT 3! I should hold a rabbit's foot, rub the belly of Buda, kiss the Blarney stone, and toss salt over my shoulder too. The Power Ball would get a new shop with house attached!
    Jeremy Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gibson
    Funny you should mention that - I BOUGHT 3! I should hold a rabbit's foot, rub the belly of Buda, kiss the Blarney stone, and toss salt over my shoulder too. The Power Ball would get a new shop with house attached!
    Jeremy,
    Go to your shop and rub your table saw 3 times, works every time, except when it doesn't.
    Good luck.
    David B

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gibson
    Yesterday my wife convinced me to take her down the road to Cripple Creek to do some low limit gambling. ...
    Now if the LOML had made the suggestion, she'd at least claim at least 50% of the winnings.

Congratulations on your winnings. It sounds like you have it well spent. I have the craftsman band saw and like it very much.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

He shoots! He scores!

Congrats bud!

Pete
    "Last year we couldn't win at home. This year we can't win on the road.
    My failure as a coach is that I can't think of any other place to play."
    - Harry Neale, Vancouver Canucks