Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many router do you need.

How many router do you need.

Just order Hitachi M12v from Amazon. Just couldn't pass up at that price. I only have six now .do you think seven will be too many.

Tom

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Prondzinski
    Just order Hitachi M12v from Amazon. Just couldn't pass up at that price. I only have six now .do you think seven will be too many.

Tom
    Eight sounds just about right - at least that is how many I have.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

I only have 2. They are both Boschs. A couple more would be nice, or maybe some specialized hand planes. Hmmm.
    Old age can be better than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Prondzinski
    Tom
    I gotta agree with Ken, while I only have three, eight seems like a good number to strive for
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages

Cool

I'm up to six, albeit two of them are kind of on the crappy side. Still got a few to go to catch up with The Rebel!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

at one time I had 12 then I had 10 then 8 now I'm down to seven I only use three my hiatachi in the table my Porter cable and my old 3/4 black and decker,,I sold a couple of sears ones e-bay,,,my good craftsman I lent out it didn't come back,,,I want to get a plunge router,,,,and trim router,,,,,
    Mike

Blog Entries

Routers

I only have three and that is never enought. I agree with Ken on this one. Routers and clamps, you can't have too many....
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Rob in Winnipeg Guest
    I only have one. I know that isn't the magic number

I have 4. 2 DeWalts, a Roybi and an AMT trim router. I use the trim router to inlay veneer banding. Looking for another to mount to my Beal Wood Threader.

Terry

I have 6, 2 freud, 3 porter cable and 1 craftsman

I only have two. A 3.5hp (Hitachi) in the table and a 1.5hp (PC690) for manual work. The PC came with a plnge and fixed base. Any more would get me in trouble with my wife.
    Jim

Uh Oh!

I just ordered the Hitachi - already had the PC690 set as well - Jim, does this mean I'm at my limit!!

My wonderful wife was very understanding about the Hitachi. I guess I shouldn't press my luck.

Wes - hoping I will be allowed to use the Hitachi when I get it even though it's my Christmas present.

The answer is obvious. You need a router for every router bit in your collection. That avoids the problem of losing the spanner that works the chuck.

Oh, no! And I just told the wife that the new PC 310 (stealth gloat) would be the last. If you don't count the new LV low angle block plane, which of course we won't for this purpose , then I only have 4 counting the old worn out Stanley. It would really be nice to have one dedicated to the FMT jig. ...hint hint... I think my "pre birthday" is used up.

You guys really should have told me how much I needed that trim router long ago. That is one handy dude!

David

I have only one router, the small Festool, and I won't buy another one in near future. At the prices you get on tools I'd probably have more. At the moment I don't feel an urgent need and couldn't even afford another one. The Hitachi router costs about EUR 400 here.

Regards,

Christian