Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brrrrrr!!!

Brrrrrr!!!

Must be something to all that global warming malarky....I've never seen it so cold here in "sunny" San Jose! It got down to 24.6 degF last night. When I went out (to help run a marquetry class) this morning, I couldn't beleive it - my fountain was FROZEN SOLID! Here the pic:

This NEVER happens here.....until now! What's next? Snow??

Where have I got to move to, to be in a nice temperate climate for the next 20 years or so of global climate change?
    Dave Fifield

XYZ Laser - 45W Epilog 36EXT, Rotary, Corel X4, Photograv

My guess is that nowhere will be predictable. "Its not NICE to fool (with) Mother Nature!"
    Last edited by W Craig Wilson; 01-13-2007 at 7:51 PM.

Maybe Florida (???????) Dave

Well don't come to Iowa. Old man winter has arrived. Cold here also and late Sunday into Monday we are supposed to get 3 to 7 inches of that d### white stuff. Good thing gas is down under 2 bucks a gallon.....time to get the Toro snow blower out. Stay warm!!!!!!!
    Remember,What goes around, comes around.

4. You guys need to come to Canada. No snow here in Toronto and a balmy 27 degrees F. Only snow is in Vancouver where it rarely snows

Ha, thanks for that report. I don't feel nearly so bad now about our 17 this morning. We used to live in Castro Valley, and there was just one year that it got down to the high 20's and we lost a lot of plants, and a lot of people had broken pipes.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

doors and windows open here , though it is going down to 60 tonight

Snow......it was 9 F this morning at 10:00....the sun had been shining for 2 hours...
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dobbertin
    You guys need to come to Canada. No snow here in Toronto and a balmy 27 degrees F. Only snow is in Vancouver where it rarely snows
    Yeah, what Ralph said...

cfgw.jpg

Things are looking up for the "Great White North"...
    "It's Not About You."

Ugh. We've got a train of 3 or 4 ice storms coming through this weekend. I spent the morning cutting up iced over branches and jamming them in the garbage cans for pickup. Nothing worth turning either, dangit.

I had to stop after a couple hours because I soaked through my winter work gloves that are "water proof." My finger tips felt like they were on fire. Felt like that might be a good stopping point.

I will consider this weekend a good one as long as we don't lose power.
    Where did I put that tape measure...

Florida?! By all accounts, that's going to be under about 50' of seawater in 15 years......

Next please.
    Dave Fifield

Yeah...well Dave....Idaho will beach front property when that big fault along the West Coast....slides.......
    Ken

Idaho it is then!! Thanks Ken
    Dave Fifield

Dave....at least that's what the realtor told me when he sold me this place. He said that's why it was listed at such a large amount.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Herrmann
    Ugh. We've got a train of 3 or 4 ice storms coming through this weekend. I spent the morning cutting up iced over branches and jamming them in the garbage cans for pickup. Nothing worth turning either, dangit.

I had to stop after a couple hours because I soaked through my winter work gloves that are "water proof." My finger tips felt like they were on fire. Felt like that might be a good stopping point.

I will consider this weekend a good one as long as we don't lose power.
    See.... If you lived on the right side of the river you wouldn't have those problems...

It was a balmy 37 degrees and rainy here today. Carlyle always seems to get by-passed by the nasty stuff..... might have something to do with the lake here... or not....

Joe

15. Hey Fellow Canadian. Please take a look at my thread on Canada. Am looking to see how many Canadians are on the chat forum.

All the best

Ralph