Thread: This weeks work

This weeks work

I still have no life so I spent a few hours in the shop. I finished turned three bowls, rough turned two others, rough turned six vessels and finished four. I took out 140 gallons of chips in three days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yum! I think you have a mightly fine life as an artist in wood! Nice job on those pieces. I really like the comfortable shape of the hollow vessels...they really flow. "Sexy curves" as Phil Brennion would say.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Yum! I think you have a mightly fine life as an artist in wood! Nice job on those pieces. I really like the comfortable shape of the hollow vessels...they really flow. "Sexy curves" as Phil Brennion would say.
    Thanks Jim, if I get the "right light" I'll post some better pics. BTW I DON'T do bowls but I had a request for some, the one left rear was 14" rough, I aint never turned a bowl that big before.

"No life..."???!!! Sounds AND *LOOKS* like you're having a GREAT life! That's some beautiful stuff, Anthony. One of these years, I'll need to learn how to do hollow vessels. Until then, I enjoy seeing the likes of yours'!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    "No life..."???!!! Sounds AND *LOOKS* like you're having a GREAT life! That's some beautiful stuff, Anthony. One of these years, I'll need to learn how to do hollow vessels. Until then, I enjoy seeing the likes of yours'!
    I'm on disabilty after shoulder surgery me and the dog watch a lot of daytime tv! If I can get my arm over my head I'll be going back to work but it works good at "lathe height" and below. Bad thing is my doctor gave my therapist permission to hurt me

Great looking stuff Anthony

Sorry to hear your shoulder's still a problem but glad you can turn out works of art like those anyway - I would like to see a better pic - especially the second one from the left. I really like the way the spalting & color makes those wide distinct vertical lines.

Very inspiring stuff.

I missed the club's meeting - had a real crazy week - are they having one in December?
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sweeney
    Sorry to hear your shoulder's still a problem but glad you can turn out works of art like those anyway - I would like to see a better pic - especially the second one from the left. I really like the way the spalting & color makes those wide distinct vertical lines.

Very inspiring stuff.

I missed the club's meeting - had a real crazy week - are they having one in December?
    Every other month, next one is in January. Thanks