Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Washing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Filtz
    I was looking at one, but saw too many posts about bad odor/mildew caused by the convoluted door seal and poor drainage. Water just sits there. People were leaving their doors open, using towels to dry the seal every time, spraying bleach, etc.!

On a top load I do leave the lid open from time to time, but on the front loader, I had no room to do that. Seller on my new house left a big top load for free, so that answered my problem!
    Got to leave the door open a crack to let it dry out ... I have 5 year old Kenmore HT3 -- bought scratch&dent from Sears Repair via EBAY no less for under 1000$ for the pair. Work great, no complaints. But you do have to leave the door on the washer open a crack to let it dry. Everyone I read a review about these said that, don't see it as a big problem.
    Mike-in-Michigan (Richland that is) <br> "We never lack opportunity, the trouble is many don't recognize an opportunity when they see it, mostly because it usually comes dressed in work clothes...."

Washing Machines

Here is a link to another web site having the same discussion, but with a slightly different twist...
    http://u15205752.onlinehome-server.c...d=95432#M95432

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cody
    Got to leave the door open a crack to let it dry out ...

But you do have to leave the door on the washer open a crack to let it dry. Everyone I read a review about these said that, don't see it as a big problem.
    My problem was the washer was in a narrow passage from my garage to the house. The door open would be a nuisance for me! I really wanted to buy one, but common sense in my situation prevailed!

Russ, some of the manufactures are recommending you wipe the front seal out with a combination of bleach and water after each use, does seem to help in some cases....fwiw

Al