Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Treasure from my trip to Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gillis
    I'm afraid it's got a problem. There's a "wow" in the middle of the cutting edge that I haven't been able to eliminate.
    It's a real disappointment because the saw has excellent balance and feels very comfortable in the hand.
    Sorry to hear that.

You are right, the saw has excellent balance and is very confortable to hold. I need to get mine sharpened,unfortunatly I dont have the skills to do it my self. I'm still trying to perfect my chisel sharpening skills!!

Jonathan

Ian Bob Smalser did a bit in a post last year about fixing saws with kinks and such I shold think a search would yeild results, it may help solve your problem with that otherwise nce saw.
    Craftsmanship is the skill employed in making a thing properly, and a good craftsman is one who has complete mastery over his tools and material, and who uses them with skill and honesty.

N. W. Kay

Saw Profesional

Out here in the Northwest there are still some sawmills. A saw filler is usually employed to keep the large saws in shape to keep production going. They have to work the metal quite a bit sometimes to put a saw back into use. Mabe you could locate one of these guys and they could get your saw back to usable condition. Good luck, Rich

That SW miter saw is amazing. I've never seen anything like it. The etching by Atkins is really cool. Seriously, I've never seen one that old look so minty.

I have a report from a neighbor of Bill's that he died about 2 + years ago. The neighbor even when to the auction when his tools were sold off. Anyone know different?
    Philip

Ancient post. He's been gone a few years.