Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workshop Tool Cabinet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Workshop Tool Cabinet

Here's a recent tool cabinet that I built from my son as he begins the start of his home woodshop. The measured drawing and additional pictures are on my web site
    Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job, Ron. I'm actually thinking about making something similar for myself rather than doing an under bench cabinet. I just have to figure out where I'll roll it to when it's not actively in use!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Ron,

That cabinet looks really good. You've made very nice use of the pine. It's pretty enough to show craftsmanship but not too pretty to use in a working shop.

The plans and the website are super clean and easy to understand too.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Very nice cabinet Ron. Your son will love it!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Really nice work. The pine looks great. I'm sure that's one he'll treasure...and use.
    Ken

Thanks for the feedback guys. I had a lot of fun making this cabinet. It didn't take that long to build and cost me about $150. I showed the finished cabinet to a friend and now he wants one made for him. I'm working up a new set of drawings now to meet his shop needs. I'll post the progress when I get started on it. Ron

Great job Ron. You son will love having something from Dad for his new workshop.
    Hello, My name is John and I am a toolaholic

Nice work...Perfect for a shop..
    Jerry

Why can't I access the pic's

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jolliffe
    you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    From the sticky post at the top of this forum:

"Access to download attachments in this Forum are limited to those who are Contributors to SawMill Creek. Obtaining a Contributors title is done through the "Donate Button" on the blue menu bar at the top of this page, right under your name on the top right side. We are trying to increase the number of Members who provide financial support for SawMill Creek and help keep The Creek free of advertising."

ok...now what?

Been trying to look at the attached jpegs for a cpl days. Then I learned that you need to donate first. So I did. Then I had to wait for my account to be activated. Received that email and I still cant review the attached images. What gives?

Hello Calvin, you need to donate in order to see pictures and attachements. But, I always include my web site so anyone can view the measured drawings and pictures. You can find a link to my web site in the 1st posting above. Ron

Jim,

You seem to be in the know. I tried to open the pictures on this thread and it says I don't have permission. Do I need to be a contributor to do this? I just joined the sight and will be contributing soon, I am just waiting for my Paypal to update with funds.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor
    You seem to be in the know. I tried to open the pictures on this thread and it says I don't have permission. Do I need to be a contributor to do this? I just joined the sight and will be contributing soon, I am just waiting for my Paypal to update with funds.
    Yes, per the first post in the sticky at the top of this plans forum, contributing membership is required to view the pictures and attachments in this specific area. It's a perk...to encourage contributions. $6 per year is the suggested amount...about what you would pay for a decent magazine on the newsstand these days...or a latté and pastry at Starbucks.

Jim
    SMC Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

you have to log in too