Thread: purchasing hardware

purchasing hardware

Hello to all,

I'm new to the board. I joined because i'm considering redoing my kitchen and thought I could get good advice here! I'm thinking of a complete make over. I'm looking to purchase my hardware online. I found www.hardwareattic.ca . They have the complete line of Blum hardware and pretty much everything I would need to complete this project. As a bonus, shipping is only 20$ for orders over 100$.

So my questions are:

1.Has anyone here ever done business with hardwareattic. If so, any comments?

2. Any comments on Blum hardware?

Thanks in advance for you comments.

Check out Lee Valley.

You would be hard pressed to find many unsatisfied customers.

I would endorse Lee Valley also. I am just not sure they ship to Canada and whether the price would be favorable.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann
    I would endorse Lee Valley also. I am just not sure they ship to Canada and whether the price would be favorable.
    They are Canadian

I've used Blum, Hafele-America, Hettich, Mepla and Knapp & Vogt. I found all of them to be pretty good, and pretty much the same. But I'm only a hobbyist and perhaps a pro cabinet maker will chime in with more hardcore experience.

I would guess that Blum is probably one of the earlier hardware companies that gained popularity when Euro-style hardware and the European 32mm cabinet system became popular in the US. I reckon that's about 30 years ago?

For hardware like knobs and door pulls, I used Interknobs.com about a year ago when re-doing my kitchen. They will mail you sample knobs or pulls to help you make a live choice, and then you mail them back. Their selection is huge.

-Jeff

I have used cshardware.com . They require a $50 minimum but when ordering slides that's easy to do. Their house brand ball bearing full extension slide are about 1/2 the price of others. You do need to buy the screws separately.

Good luck on the project.

Thank you for your response,

I've delt with Lee Valley before (they would not be my first choice)however the prices at www.hardwareattic.ca are much cheaper especially on bulk purchasing, and basically for the same product.

I'm pretty set on hardwareattic, I'm just curious how they are for shipping time and service. I know they ship anywhere in North America for a max of 20$ (in Canadian funds!)

These guys have excellent prices too.

http://ahturf.com/

www.wwhardware.com is a good place to buy as well. The only problem is that their website isn't the greatest, and I don't think they send out full catalogs anymore. But you can get a good price if you are willing to buy a full box of brass knobs, hinges, or whatever. (Volume discount for full box orders).. Knobs are typically boxes of 10. I think hinges are boxes of 25 or 50.

Woodworker's Hardware that Paul mentioned is where I recently did business for the first time. I was extremely pleased with them and their prices are very good on the Blum hinges I purchased compared to many other sources.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...