Thread: Missourian and those who call Illinois home

Missourian and those who call Illinois home

Who's going to the Collinsville wood show? How about breakfast some where before the show?
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

I hadn't heard about it until you mentioned it. It's not quite three hours from where I live. Here's the particulars.
    Friday, February 9 / Noon - 7pm
    Saturday, February 10 / 10am - 6pm
    Sunday, February 11 / 10am - 4pm

Gateway Center
    Halls A & B
    One Gateway Drive
    Collinsville, IL 62234
    618-345-8998
    Parking: Free
    Map & Driving Directions | Venue Website

Halls A & B total under 100 by 100 feet, so it's not going to be an extravaganza. It costs $8.00 each to get in. There will be two guys doing workshops over the course of the weekend. Each workshop costs $50 to get into.
    Anybody been to this before? Is it worth $8 plus a day away from home. It would be cool to have breakfast with some fellow Creekers.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

I've gone to it the past two years. I did not go to the "pay" workshops. The free ones were very informative. The Amount and diversivity of tools, etc. for sale dropped last year.

I am planning on going again this year, but haven't decided which day. Currently thinking of Friday.

Bruce
    "The great thing about Wood Turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed to have something beautiful. Nature does tha Hard work."

M.H. Woodturning, Etc.
    Peoria, Illinois 61554

I'm like Bruce. I'll be going, but not quite sure which day. The last 2 years, I've taken LOML with me, and come home with some nice toys. Last year was a Shop Fox 1 1/2hp Dust Collector. I'm hoping she doesn't have to work at least one of those days
    I LIKE IT when she goes along.

Jim.
    I'm not gonna make the Collinsville show this year.
    Gonna miss you guys.