Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Full-Color Laser Engraving

Full-Color Laser Engraving

It's finally here. Full-Color laser engraving from Atomic Art is now available
    to the public.3-day training sessions at their Las Vegas facility begin in March.On-site training will be available starting in May. Prices start at
    $5495.00 (well worth it).Currently the process is available for GCC, Trotec, Laser Pro, Universal & Vytek. Other lasers to be added in the near future. Check out the beautiful examples at www.atomicartimages.com
    When contacting Atomic Art, type the inatials "SMC" in the subject block.This will insure you special consideration on pricing & training.
    Good luck & keep on burning.

Ed - what have you learned about the process so far? I've heard that this is merely a training program on how to use Thermark color and layering the engraving using the laser. Can you provide any additional info?
    A Stone Canvas
    60w VY-TEK FX/2, Adobe Illustrator/ Photoshop Elements, Corel X4, Photograv 3.0, Sandcarving, Stage Blasting, Stained Glass, Scrimshanding, all mobile studio.

Atomic Art is a patent protected process of applying a reformulated Thermark product. This process allows the colors to be blended to create the full-color spectrum. I have been involved in the laser industry for over 5 years and to the best of my knowledge Atomic Art is the only company
    involved in such an undertaking. The process requires no additional equipment for your laser, just knowledge.The door to the next generation
    of laser engraving has been opened. all we have to do is walk through.
    Iwill be visiting Atomic Art later this month and will post updates.Please
    feel free to email Tom with any questions. www.atomicartimages.com

Ed, I am interested in getting colors other than black on metals. Will this process or something similar lend itself to metals?
    ULS 135 watt w/rotary, Mazak QT-6T CNC lathe, Dapra machining center, Sherline CNC, Tormach CNC, Acad, Rofin welding laser, YAG laser w/ rotary, 4500 watt Fiber laser
    Boone Titanium Rings

It looks very interesting but not clear. Also why is it Laser Company specific?
    Kim

Awsome

Looks like an awsome process... I await more info... Since I am just going out on my own in laser work this seems like it might be a very nice thing to have.
    Brent Vander Weil
    Epilog 35W Mini
    Graphtec CE5000-60

Why is it specific to laser brand? I don't get that.....

With an almost complete lack of techincal detail, the whole thing looks and sounds a bit scammy to me. I bet if we wait a short while, someone will blow the lid on this.

Edit: I didn't see your reply before Kim, sorry - "great minds think alike" (or is it "fools never differ"?)!
    Dave Fifield

XYZ Laser - 45W Epilog 36EXT, Rotary, Corel X4, Photograv

The process has been perfected on most substrates. Unfortunatly not on
    metal or wood. (not yet !) The process needs to be tested on each makers machine. Tom has not been able to get access to certain brands. If anyone has an Epilog laser in the Las Vegas area please contact Tom ASAP. At
    www.atomicatrimages.com

I beg to differ it is not scammy and I resent the comment. I have seen & touched the product And have seen nothing else like it. I am sure that if you contact Tom he will gladly send you a sample to test. If I did not see the potential in this I would not waste your time nor mine.
    Blowing the lid on a patent protected process does not sound safe or sane to me.
    Last edited by Ed Albrite; 02-01-2007 at 6:25 PM.

Can you give us moe details about what you get for $5500?
    And some more info on the various patents , I would like to read the abstracts.

Rodne-
    Please contact Tom Price For detailed info.www.atomicartimages.com
    or PM me for his phone number.

I wonder if this is similar to firing ceramic glaze with the laser like I've been trying.

If you go to Ebay and search for laser engravers, (2/01/07) you will see a complete turn key package for sale, with an epilog laser. Oddly enough the company selling this is called "Light Wave Art" and they claim they pioneered the abilty to laser in color. The discription said that because of money troubles they are abandoning this business venture and are willing to sell all this knowledge in their package.

I've been following the news on this process for quite some time. I tend to think it works but there are good reasons to question them thoroughly. On another forum last month they were offering protected territories to the first 12 applicants for $4495. As I understood the post an applicant would be trained and licensed for a specific application. Glass or tile and ceramic not both.

One of the principals is the distributor for a laser machine company so to say they couldn't get an Epilog to test is inaccurate. It's possible that they may be charging laser companies a fee and Epilog may have decided not to join in.

That is speculation on my part.

From what I have read and seen on the web it looks like a teriffic product that has unlimited applications and other than the "franchise fee" I don't see why it wouldn't be in open distribution.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I have heard that this process is slow!!! one color at a time I have also heard that the material cost is expensive!!!. I also heard (don't you love rumors) that the person over at atomic art for some reason does not get along with Epilog thus not listing them as an available laser system for there process.

Who knows that person told this person and then they told someone else you know how it goes.