Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Festool Kapex

Probably not Rahway

Quote Originally Posted by Per Swenson
    Jeez, maybe if I wrote to my congessman or something....

Hey Honey, whats the street adress for Rahway State Prison?

P.
    Hi Per

You might have better luck with the Feds, Leavenworth or someplace like dat

2. Quote Originally Posted by Alex Shanku
    ... 17. No Stolperfallen. The cable rolling creates order and prevents Stolperfallen in the case of transport. Reply With ratio
    I know you guys are laughing at this.. My German is rusty, but Stolperfallen means to trip/fall..
    So my guess is that the sentence means that the " Kabelaufwicklung" (which I doubt means 'cable') keeps everything together so that when you carry it, your stuff doesn't fall all over the place.

I don't know for sure what Kabelaufwicklung means, but my guess it is the carrying case. It doesn't mean cable.. I am fairly certain of that.

EDIT: maybe the Kabelaufwicklung is a latch that keeps the saw in a closed position, to stop the saw from opening when carried..
    Last edited by Paul Johnstone; 03-19-2007 at 2:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnstone
    I know you guys are laughing at this.. My German is rusty, but Stolperfallen means to trip/fall..
    So my guess is that the sentence means that the " Kabelaufwicklung" (which I doubt means 'cable') keeps everything together so that when you carry it, your stuff doesn't fall all over the place.

I don't know for sure what Kabelaufwicklung means, but my guess it is the carrying case. It doesn't mean cable.. I am fairly certain of that.

EDIT: maybe the Kabelaufwicklung is a latch that keeps the saw in a closed position, to stop the saw from opening when carried..
    As far as I know there's no English term for "Kabelaufwicklung" so lets try to find a translation step by step. "Kabel" actually does mean "cable" or "cord". "Aufwicklung" is the noun to "aufwickeln" (verb) that could be translated as "to wrap around" or "to wind up".
    Personally, I'd call "Kabelaufwicklung" "onboard cord storage" or "cord holder" in English. From what I can tell from the pictures, the Kapex’ cord holder - although differently shaped - is rather similar to the cord holder the Festool CT vacs are equipped with. In other words, there's no auto-retraction feature.

Hope this helps,

Christian
    "On Wednesday, when the sky is blue,
    And I have nothing else to do,
    I sometimes wonder if it's true
    That who is what and what is who."

(A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh)

4. Quote Originally Posted by Christian Aufreiter
    As far as I know there's no English term for "Kabelaufwicklung" so lets try to find a translation step by step. "Kabel" actually does mean "cable" or "cord". "Aufwicklung" is the noun to "aufwickeln" (verb) that could be translated as "to wrap around" or "to wind up".
    Personally, I'd call "Kabelaufwicklung" "onboard cord storage" or "cord holder" in English. From what I can tell from the pictures, the Kapex’ cord holder - although differently shaped - is rather similar to the cord holder the Festool CT vacs are equipped with. In other words, there's no auto-retraction feature.

Hope this helps,

Christian
    Good call.. I told you my German was very rusty.. What you say makes sense..