Thread: Spray Gun Supplies

Spray Gun Supplies

I am trying constantly to improve my finishing skills and need a few supplies. Where do those of you who use spray guns get you strainers, Zahn Cups, Cleaning kits and different tips for guns?? I use a Porter Cable PSH-1.
    Mike
    Mike Hill

Form Follows Function

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hill
    I am trying constantly to improve my finishing skills and need a few supplies. Where do those of you who use spray guns get you strainers, Zahn Cups, Cleaning kits and different tips for guns?? I use a Porter Cable PSH-1.
    Mike
    Oh....I got one of those guns are it's very difficult to find parts for it. I have used that gun for about 3 years now and it is having issues. I have since dumped that gun and now own a Accuspray Turbine HVLP setup from Homestead Finishing. The very best investment I have EVER done for my finishing skills. I also get most of my specialty finishing supplies from there as well.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

P-C gun supplies

Mike
    Hi Mike

We had (past tense) a Porter Cable company store nearby for the extra tips and parts. That store was a great source of parts and factory reburbs, but it was closed as part of the B&D acquisition. I haven't been to it's replacement but it it's like other B&D stores, it's a great place for forest green tools and lawn mowers . As far as cups and kits, I would try Jeff Jewitt at homestead finishing. I haven' had any personal dealings but he gets uniformly favorable reviews. If I were looking for an inexpensive HVLP conversion gun today, I'd probably go with the purple Harbor Freight gun. It looks identical to the P-C PSH 1 and I wouldn't be surprised if the parts were interchangeable.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    Mike
    AMAZON has the needle/tip sets .. .. don't know about viscosity cups.

For parts. Lots cheaper in price than direct from PC

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/

Paper cone strainers.

Auto parts stores that sell auto paint.
    Bag of 200 are $12.00

My guns are older than Dennis's. No issues with them.