I managed to pick up the floor model Jet JBM-5 at my local Menards. The department manager told me that they were no longer going to be displaying them in the store. For no more mortises that I do my drill press attachment has worked fine. Since I was not really looking to buy a dedicated mortiser I decided to make a low offer to the manager and see what his answer would be. The unit was missing the 2 supplied chisels and the manual so I offered $150. Much to my surprise he said OK. So I loaded up the unit and continued shopping. At the register I proceeded to place my 17% off sack over the top of the mortiser where it was clearly over 1/2 way on so that meant it qualified for the discount. I have sent in for my $25 rebate so I should wind up with about $110 total invested in my mortiser.

Aside from a few minor scratches it is in great shape. My chisels that I used on my DP attachment work just fine. All I need is a copy of the manual. I have checked the WMH site and there is no manual there. I am hoping that someone here might have one that they could scan and PM or email to me.

Craig