Thread: Long time lurker comes into the light

Long time lurker comes into the light

Hi Everyone,
    After years of lurking on the Pond and here I thought it high time to quit looking through the window and come inside to join the party! I first would like to say that over the years I have garnered a huge amount of information and have had a few questions answered by you all and am very appreciative.
    A little about me: I'm married with four children-5,7,9, and 23. The 23 year old and her husband have blessed us with two granddaughters. I'm the service manager at a multi-line auto dealership, Christian, active in my church, golfer, hunter, fisherman, and woodworker. We live in Yakima, Washington which is in central Washington. Unlike western Washington (Seattle), we enjoy an arid climate with 300 days of sunshine a year, which is why we are the apple growing capitol of the world.
    I've been ww'ing since seventh grade and will always be grateful to the shop teacher I had for introducing me and guiding me for those six years til graduation.
    I have a 24x36 building which houses my shop. I have the usual list of tools and continue to update and expand constantly. I most enjoy building Shaker style furniture but will try most anything. At this time, I build only for our home but would like to take an occasional consignment to help finance my habit.
    That's it in a nutshell, thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to participating in these threads in the future.
    Sincerely,
    Jerry Ingraham

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY INGRAHAM
    Hi Everyone,
    After years of lurking on the Pond and here I thought it high time to these threads in the future.
    Sincerely,
    Jerry Ingraham
    hi jerry
    welcome to the 'Creek
    good to have another enthusiast from the left coast.
    altho separated by 1000 miles we in so cal enjoy the same climate as do you. it's rarely too "cold" to go into the shop and work on a project.
    best
    mike

I'm not sure if "Welcome" is in order, or "About time" is in order( ), but either way, now you get to participate with us just the same!

Glad you registered! The more the merrier.

Todd.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Welcome

Jerry,

Glad you decided to jump in "The Creek".
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Cool Welcome!

Greetings and salutations, Jerry! Glad you took the plunge, as it were. Sounds like you're into WW 110%! Would love to see some of your work AND shots of that shop! Whew...Sounds like a beaut! Come back often and stay long.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Hi Jerry,

Glad you decided to join us. We welcome your opinions, advice, questions and what have you. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your projects.

Bob

Hi Everyone,
    After years of lurking on the Pond and here I thought it high time to quit looking through the window and come inside to join the party!
    Hi Jerry and wecome to the creek. Glad to have a fellow from "The Palm Springs of Washington" join us. You are about 70 miles west of us, in Kennewick. I'll check in with you on the next wood hunting trip. Again, welcome.

Ernie
    Last edited by Ken Salisbury; 12-03-2003 at 7:52 AM.
    Ernie on-the-dry-side; WA

I'm married with four children-5,7,9, and 23. The 23 year old and her husband have blessed us with two granddaughters. I'm the service manager at a multi-line auto dealership, Christian, active in my church, golfer, hunter, fisherman, and woodworker.
    Wow Jerry...Welcome to the creek...but do you have any time to sleep?

Looking forward to your contribution to this crowd.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Yeah, I stay pretty busy but, hey, life is short! I will post some photos later, I just rewired the shop and it's a disaster! Slowly, it's morphing back into some semblance of a workplace. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome Jerry

Little bashful, are we?
    Lurking for years!
    Jim