Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Yankee workshop book

New Yankee workshop book

Not sure which book it is but there is plans on how to build a night stand that I would like to try for my first ww project other than jigs. If anyone has this book, would you be willing to copy the plans and mail them to me? Thanks

I just saw that book on Yahoo auctions for $1.29 and $4.29 shipping...

Brian,
    Try your local library. If they don't have it (unlikely), I'm sure they can request it from another library.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

It has been my experience, that the libraries that I have visited, all have had Norm's books. You can always find the plans on the website for about $10. The price of the plan/measured drawing is pretty cheap, compared to the overall cost of the project. Bill

I Think I Have The Measured Drawing

I just looked here at home and I didn't find it. I did build it several years ago and I think all of the NYW projects I built I had the drawings for. So it probably is at my shop - away from home. I'll look tomorrow, If I find it I'll PM you and you can give me your address; I'll mail you the drawing. You can return it to me later, or pass it along to someone else. Watch for my message tomorrow.
    18th century nut --- Carl

Thanks Carl I would appreciate that and Ill be looking for your message. Thanks

Brian

As others have said, you should definitely be able to find that book at most libraries you visit. I know they had all his books at our libraries for years and years. The plans aren't that expensive, if you have to go that route. Good luck.

Dave
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Keith
    Not sure which book it is but there is plans on how to build a night stand that I would like to try for my first ww project other than jigs. If anyone has this book, would you be willing to copy the plans and mail them to me? Thanks
    I have the book that has the adirondack chair in it. I will looks as well tonight.

Mike
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have one ofthe NYW books give me ( us) a bit more detail and I can look.

Thanks for all the help. Brian

Have you found a copy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Robbins
    Greg,

I have that one but I'm not home till the weekend. I would recommend you purchase that book as there are many good plans in it including his Euro style bench. worth the used price IMO.
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    Just remember the copy right laws about copy plans and articles out of book. It would be much easier to just buy the book. Then if want, you can sell it or oass it on to someone else.

Yes its the book in Greg Robbins link. I have looked through the book and the only plans that I like were the nightstand thats why I cant justify paying the $25 locally for one plan. Not a big deal just though if someone had it handy they could send the plans. Thanks