Just a few minutes ago, I found out (Sawmill Creek on another thread) that SawStop was no longer selling/shipping direct. I called SawStop to ask for some clarification (if the policy is true, how long it has been in place, etc.). I spoke to a girl (who sounded like it was her part time job after high school. She could tell me nothing, except that they were no longer selling directly to customers. I am apprehensive that this a beginning step from the company to disconnect themselves from the customer service end of the business?

Has anyone had any experience, in the recent past, with SawStop, in regards to replacement parts that were defective or needed replaced due to damage? It seems odd to me that a company, who has built their business on word of mouth from customers and a great product, would simply disconnect themselves from those who are the essence of their business. I want one of these saws, really bad. And, as I wrote in another post, I have never heard any negative comments regarding their CS. That was before I heard about the policy change. But what happens now if/when a part goes bad, are we to rely on the CS at the local retailer where the SawStop was purchased? And if that same retailer decides to no longer carry the SawStop saw (as has happened in the past with other lines of machinery). And what happens if the retailer doesn't have the customer oriented attitude (I think everyone has experienced that at least once) that SawStop once has/had? Are we out in the street for $4000, or at the very least, using a saw that cannot perform to its full potential. Just makes me very apprehensive, and I scratch my head and think twice about spening this much money. Maybe it is just me. Please give me your thoughts/recent experience on SawStop CS, part replacement due to shipping damage or otherwise. Thanks, Bill