Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

I live in northern Virginia and it's snowing! Can't believe it. It may turn into something.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Snow

Byron,
    Hope you keep it all up there. We don't need any down here.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bickley
    Byron,
    Hope you keep it all up there. We don't need any down here.
    Von, that's fine with me. I'm retired so I don't have to fight the traffic and my wife and I always enjoy a good snow.

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Well in NE Illinois, they have threatened us with"1-2 inches", "1-3 inches" or "3-6 inches" depending on what weather report I am listening to.

Either way, some white stuff is expected soon.
    “Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity”

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Circo
    Well in NE Illinois, they have threatened us with"1-2 inches", "1-3 inches" or "3-6 inches" depending on what weather report I am listening to.

Either way, some white stuff is expected soon.
    Hey, Mike, do you have an export license? We could use 3-6"

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Byron,
    After spending all those years down there in VA I learned that 1 flake and I stay home. I wanted to get out of the way of all those trucks replenishing all the milk, bread and toilet paper.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    Byron,
    After spending all those years down there in VA I learned that 1 flake and I stay home. I wanted to get out of the way of all those trucks replenishing all the milk, bread and toilet paper.
    Glenn, right on!!!! I commuted between the District and home for 25+ years. ANY snow or freezing rain caused a "day off". I never had an accident BUT boy did I see a bunch!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

It's the same here in SE PA - bread and milk fly off the shelves and the schools close if one flake falls. I grew up in the Chicago area where during the blizzard of '79 my high school closed for the first time in over 60 years - naturally the principal told me as I walked in the door! Though in all fairness, they do a good job clearing the roads in Chicago (compared to Lancaster) - here we are not as lucky so staying home is usually a wise decision.

Wes

We get it late tonight/tomorrow morning...'tis the season.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    We get it late tonight/tomorrow morning...'tis the season.
    and tomorrow night and Saturday morning. Grrrr...... I bought a snowblower to guarantee that it would not snow this season (reverse Irish logic). So much for my guarantee and "reverse Irish logic"
    Dan McLaughlin

Unhappy Snow!

We started with freezing rain, which turned to rain, which will turn back to freezing rain tonight 1-2 inches snow and ice. I dread it, I drive a school bus up these West Virginia hollows. 81 passenger up one lane dirt roads. I will normally use up 8 to 10 sets of chains a year. I guess I should be used to it by now, I've been doing it for 27 years. This is besides taking care of the farm animals. Oh well, if the power doesn't go off, maybe I'll have time for some woodworking.
    Eddie in So. West Virginia BP

We got it here too

2 inches on the ground this morning before it turned to sleet then to freezing rain and then just rain. Weather folks say more tomorrow night and saturday am. Just wantin' the ice on those parkway road cuts to freeze up nice and thick. My crampons are getting restless.

There was four inches on the high trails last sunday. Made for some great mtn. biking. I love winter.

Andy Halterman

Experimented with rear wheel steering techniques today in Hendersonville, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Severt
    We started with freezing rain, which turned to rain, which will turn back to freezing rain tonight 1-2 inches snow and ice. I dread it, I drive a school bus up these West Virginia hollows. 81 passenger up one lane dirt roads. I will normally use up 8 to 10 sets of chains a year. I guess I should be used to it by now, I've been doing it for 27 years. This is besides taking care of the farm animals. Oh well, if the power doesn't go off, maybe I'll have time for some woodworking.
    Eddie...Holy smack! Driving a school bus is hard enough...but for 27 years in WV winters? My family would be visiting me in a looney bin.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

I'm ready for spring ,,,,,,,I'm ready for warm sunny days,,,I'm ready to shut off the furnaces and open the windows,,,,,I hate whats coming,,,,the snow,,,the ice ,,,the salt,,,,that damn cold weather that makes joints hurt,,,,,Illinios lottery take me away from this,,,,,,
    Mike

According to our guess-the-weather dude...up to 12 inches and 55 mph winds are on the way for the weekend! More a little north of us...I think the snowthrower needs a tuneup!
    Just for you warm weather people...here's what a beginning winter forcast looks like..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan