Just wanted to post this. I just ordered the jet 1642 2 HP 220 volt lathe. Got a great price at the Toolnut. This was the culmination of several weeks of reading posts - anguishing over features - vasilating between 115 0r 220 - going back and forth between the Nova DVR Xp and the 1642. I think what made the decision was that everything came with the 1642. The Nova was nice but you had to buy the extras (stand, headstock handwheel, etc.) not to mention it was higher in price. The extra money let me purchase the lithium Ion 18 volt Makita drill/driver. All of my major tools are jet. My table saw is 220 so the lathe can share that circuit. (i don't forsee running both at the same time.) Now comes the wait!!! I am having it shipped to my work address as it is a commercial site and they have a fork lift to take it off the truck. I'll open the crate and break it down to smaller pieces so I can handle it easier when I get it to the shop. From what I have read in the forums the 1642 is a great lathe. thanks for posting about it! It helped in my decision.

David