Thread: FWW - Which way should I subscribe?

FWW - Which way should I subscribe?

I have decided to get a one year subscription to FWW .com. I currently do not have a subscription to the magazine. Should I get both or just the website? Pricing details follow.

1 Year Subscription to magazine - 34.95
    1 Year Subsciption to FWW website - 14.95 (for magazine subscribers)

OR

1 Year Subsciption to FWW website - 34.95 (if not a FWW magazine subscriber)

Also....to get the "current magazine subscriber" discount, one needs their customer number. Anyone know how long it takes to be issued a customer number after a magazine subscription has been submitted on-line?
    Last edited by Glen Blanchard; 02-21-2007 at 8:08 PM.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Well, I happen to subscribe to both. I've been a FWW subscriber for about 5 years, and the website is a great resource for looking up old articles. I also like videos, so the web subscription is worth it for me.

I don't know for sure, but I would think that if you subscribed on-line, your customer number would be available almost immediately (but you might have to call the publisher to get it.) You might be better off calling them and subscribing over the phone. Then they can give you a customer number immediately.
    Eric in Denver

There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

"Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsman can hide his mistakes." --Author unknown

It annoys the crap out of me that as a subscriber I can't even get current issue content online. I already pay a premium for their magazine; it would be nice to be able to get at least some of the online content. Instead I only get what everyone else can access, including non-subscribers.

JH

Hi Jake
    I believe thath current issues are available on line to "hard copy" magazine subscribers. Try the link http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...ion/index.aspx

and the look under the magazine heading. Then click on current issue.
    Hope this helps
    Rick Cabot

I agree with you....in my mind a magazine subscriber ought to have access to the full online content. But I suppose they see this as a way to broaden their revenue sources and subscriber base. And I'm sure that with the wealth of online resources for woodworkers, their subscriber numbers have decreased at least a little. Maybe they feel they can pick up more of the internet crowd and regain some ground.
    Eric in Denver

There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

"Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsman can hide his mistakes." --Author unknown

For subscriptions, first check magazinepricesearch.com. I did a three year to FWW for less than seventy bucks, instead of $84. Currently, one year is $29.50 Not a great savings.