Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ontario, California WoodWorks Show?

Cool Ontario, California WoodWorks Show?

The WoodWorks show in in Ontario, California this weekend. I'm planning on being there Friday and was wondering if anyone else was planning on going to the show. This will be the first time I've ever been to a woodworking show so I'm excited.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Don, thought I might drive down Friday also. Been a few years for me. Think I will bring the camara too.

I would like to go am free saturday. I live in Riverside, does it cost to get in?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Williams
    I would like to go am free saturday. I live in Riverside, does it cost to get in?
    Here's the information:

SHOW LOCATION:
    Ontario Convention Center
    2000 Convention Center Way
    Ontario, CA 91764
    PHONE:909-937-3000

HOURS:
    FRIDAY 11 am - 5 pm
    SATURDAY 10 am - 5 pm
    SUNDAY 10 am - 3 pm

TICKET PRICES:
    Online: $8 (SAVE $2)
    With Coupon: $9 (SAVE $1)
    On Site: $10 * Friday or Saturday, 3 - 6pm only -->

For more information you can go to WoodWorksevents.com
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

-- Edward John Phelps

I might go...altught I am behind on stuff
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

I was planning on going but my move date changed. I am now moving to Utah this weekend. I went to the show two years ago and enjoyed it a lot. I found a lot of great bargans on tools toward the end of the show too. Hang around and you might find a good deal on whatever your next tool purchase is. Woodworking shows are great!

Blog Entries
    I had planned to go but ended up stuck in jury duty. I'll try for Saturday but don't feel confident so I won't add confusion to any plans to meet up. Disappointed.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I'm going to try to go on Friday when they open (11am) but may have a conflict and have to go Sat.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I'll be there on Saturday, probably mid day. I'm going to meet a nice gentleman from woodnet who's giving me a Rockler drill press table.
    Last edited by Jeff Weight; 02-22-2007 at 12:24 AM.

Hoping to get there sat. at opening.
    Tim

Is there anyway of figuring out who will be there? I went to the web site, woodworksevents.com but couldn't find a list of vendors.

~mark

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson
    Is there anyway of figuring out who will be there? I went to the web site, woodworksevents.com but couldn't find a list of vendors.

~mark
    Mark,
    They are listed under "links."
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

-- Edward John Phelps

I am hoping to go Sunday.

To Don, who has never been to one, be aware that for the past two years, the Ontario show was a disappointment compared to the Costa Mesa Show (or may Pomona, or both), which is /are s different promoter. For some reason, the Ontario show just doesn't seem to draw as many vendors. I think the Costa Mesa show has Wood Magazine behind it, which may account for that.

Don't let me discourage you, you will still enjoy the show. I plan to go back myself. I just didn't want you to judge all shows by this particular one, because there are larger, better ones that visit So. Cal. And who knows, maybe it will improve this year.

Terry

Terry, thanks for the information. I appreciate the "heads up" that this may be smaller than the other shows. It will still suit me just fine for now. I've already decided to purchase a new mortiser and have contacted the Steel City and their local vendor. Both will be at the show, so I can see it demonstrated and if I like what I see they will have some for sale. If I do purchase one that will be all I can afford right now anyway. I signed up for the table saw seminar with Frank Klausz on Friday morning befor the show actually opens. Since I haven't taken any classes on woodworking and really haven't been doing much for over twenty years, I thought this would be a good one to start with. It looks like his seminar will be rather comprehensive and include safety as well as things I can do with a table saw.

Unfortunately I can only make it to the show on Friday. The rest of the weekend I'll be in the San Diego area at some dog shows and a friend's home for dinner Sunday. I guess if there are any "end of show" deals I'll miss them this time.

I know that the promoter for this show is different than for the other shows you mentioned. The website for the WoodWorking Shows for Costa Mesa and Pomona isn't very helpful. There isn't much information posted there. Perhaps as we get closer to the Costa mesa show in May they will post more. Evidently I missed the Pomona show in November asn they haven't yet posted a date for the 2007 show. I will be checking their site for updates. I'm also hoping that someone will post information here when any woodworking events are coming up in the Los Angeles area.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

-- Edward John Phelps

Our woodworking club is to have a booth there. (San Fernando Vally Woodworkers). I will be working the booth Saturday morning. Come on by.

Dan Cameron