Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creeker Visit: A couple of Cheeseheads...

Creeker Visit: A couple of Cheeseheads...

So what does one do when one gets to trundle off to tropical Milwaulkee for business meeting? Why...you hook up with a couple of genuine Cheeseheads for some great conversation. Oh, and food and beverage, too.

I had the absolute pleasure of spending a few hours with John Miliunus and Karl Laustrup last night before placing myself in the total care of my mistress, Marri Ott for the rest of the evening. Although we talked a little about woodworking, the majority of the conversation was about family and other things...you know, "guy talk". And I should mention that these two effectively drove two hours each way...I guess I'll be putting a few miles on a rental car should I get up that way again. It will be my turn to make the "big commute".

Anyway, to prove it was real, here's a couple pictures.

cheeseheads-1.jpg

cheeseheads-2.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all, but..................John I am so jealous. Hair like that on a man over 40 should be illegal, I tell ya!! You're killing me. I am in my 30's and wish mine was that thick and long. I'm not bald, "not that there's anything wrong with that", I'm just down right jealous! Glad you guys had fun and got to meet.

Dave
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

Hey guys, like they say, "It just doesn't get any better." Looks like everyone had a great time.

Wa… Wa… Wait a minute…!

One more time please Jim… Who is that skinny longhair wearing a white Creeker shirt??? He sorta looks familiar.

Glad you all had a good time.

Thumbs up

Well, up until now, all my visits with fellow Creekers has been nothing short of great. Yesterday evening's visit with Jim and Karl was certainly no exception! It was great getting a bit more insight to the guy with all that MM in his shop!

But, as Jim indicated, much of the talk revolved around family. When you see him post (proud as a peacock!) about accomplishments with his two girls, he can do so with a LOT of pride! Yup, he and his bride are to be commended.

Anyhow, Jim, thanks for sharing what little free time you had with us and for the great meal. It was indeed a great time!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by David Cramer
    John I am so jealous. Hair like that on a man over 40 should be illegal, I tell ya!!
    Although mine is now a bit shorter than John's due to a "daughters' request", I'll be 50 in about a week and a half and have had long hair for about 20 years! My father once said that I have the same amount of hair as I had when I was a teenager...it's just farther back on my head.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim
    I've had the pleasure of meeting both those cheeseheads and wish I could have been there. Looks like a real good time was had by all.
    Those who sense the winds of change should build windmills, not windbreaks.

Dave Wilson

always nice when the creekers get together

lou

What a great "Creeker" visit. The time seemed to fly by, as all things enjoyable do.

Some talk about WW'ing and the impending addition to the Becker's home, but mostly, and quite enjoyably, about the girls and their progress, as they adjust to a loving family. A proud dad talking about his "girls". That's what I saw.

Thanks for the opportunity to share Jim. And as always, Spring, a most enjoyable "trip".

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

My first thought was it either has to be John or Karl looks like you had fun.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Jim, you were in pretty risky territory with those 2 characters. Two of my favorite people. Sure y'all had a pleasant time except Karl talks too much . That's great.. Thanks for pics. I guess it really happened
    Jerry

Congrats! All three of you are on my list of folks withwhom I'd like to shake hands! I'm envious!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by David Cramer
    John I am so jealous. Hair like that on a man over 40 should be illegal, I tell ya!! You're killing me. I am in my 30's and wish mine was that thick and long. I'm not bald, "not that there's anything wrong with that", I'm just down right jealous! Glad you guys had fun and got to meet.

Dave
    David, don't be jealous! A bit over a year ago, I was helplessly losing hair, literally by the handfulls, due to a health issue. Once that got resolved, I figured I'd treat myself to a long head of hair one more time before I head completely over the hill! The long part is coming off this Spring!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    Although mine is now a bit shorter than John's due to a "daughters' request", I'll be 50 in about a week and a half and have had long hair for about 20 years! My father once said that I have the same amount of hair as I had when I was a teenager...it's just farther back on my head.
    The correct term for this doo is known as the "Skullet" I believe...
    Stephen

15. Looks like you guys were havin' some fun... especially Karl... what the heck kinda girly drink came in that funny lookin' glass, Karl?