Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bio of a Sawmill Creek noob

Why would a gynecologist want info on a prostate?? Married 35yrs and still totally confused As to wood working, I welcome you to a great place for a swim.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn
    Why would a gynecologist want info on a prostate?? Married 35yrs and still totally confused As to wood working, I welcome you to a great place for a swim.
    I guess I wasn't so clear on that part... as a pathology practice, we diagnose tissue biopsies and cytologies from all body parts and from almost all specialty practices. I call on ob/gyn's, dermatologists, urologists, gastroenterologists, ENT's, family practices, and even podiatrists. About the only specialty I don't call on is orthopedics. I even have some eye surgeons as clients.

I just tell people the prostate biopsy thing to see what kind of reaction I get. Usually its something like, "Ooookaaay, well, how about them Broncos?" Either that or they just stand there and turn bright red.
    Eric in Denver

There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

"Anybody can become a woodworker, but only a Craftsman can hide his mistakes." --Author unknown

I'd like to meet ya Eric, but it would remind me of my need for an exam. Glad your in Colorado, How bout them KC Chiefs?

Nice table though.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Smile

Welcome to SMC Eric! Nice bunch here.

BTW...did anyone ever mention that in your avatar pic you resemble an old golden retriever?

Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Hey Eric, great having you at the Creek! As it happens, I still work part time at a local Woodcraft. (Just can't seem to give up the great discounts! ) Anyhow, sounds and now looks like you've got some great woodworking experience under your belt. That table looks great! Really looking forward to more post and, of course, pictures!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Welcome Eric: your woodworking history (read promises made) and mine are in sync. I'm running out of excuses however, have you got any fresh ones...that work!

Enjoy your wade in the Creek, Tom
    Chapel Hills Turning Studio
    Douglasville, GA

Hoosier by birth, Georgian by choice!

Have blanks, will trade.

Welcome! I remember the first project. It was a footstool made from $5000 worth of WW equipment. Fortunately, the cost has been amortized over the last several years.!

welcome to the creek Eric.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

Welcome Eric! I restarted my woodworking journey in almost exactly the same manner, hmm pay $700.00 for this mdf painted hutch or spend $500.00 on a tablesaw and router and build it myself? Sixteen years later, dedicated shop with more tools than I can use, I oughta start on that hutch....