Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla Firefox....

Mozilla Firefox....

Anyone else use this? I have problems with mine not letting me use an apostrophe in postings. Is there anyway to shut off the keyboard short cuts so I quit having a "Find" box pop up instead of an apostrophe?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

I've been using it for a long time with no issue. There was one version where what you described was happening a lot, but it went away during a subsequent update. Be sure you have the most current version.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Campbell
    Anyone else use this? I have problems with mine not letting me use an apostrophe in postings. Is there anyway to shut off the keyboard short cuts so I quit having a "Find" box pop up instead of an apostrophe?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!
    Which version of Firefox are you using?

Checked and it was a 1.5 something. Checked for updates, none available. But when I went to their site version 2 was available, so I updated to it. Thanks for the assist. '''''''''' it works now lol

Be sure to turn on auto-update and Firefox will keep itself (and any add-ins) current for you. V2 has been out for some time now.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I've typed this with no problem. Using FF 1.5.0.9 (latest version in the 1.5 branch, which is still being updated until they make 2.x an automatic update).
    Last edited by Alex Yeilding; 02-22-2007 at 5:40 PM.

My Firefox 1.5.?.? did not automatically upgrade to 2.0.0.1. I had to go on the Mozilla site and download it from there. Other upgrades had always worked with the auto update, but not 2.0.

Rick

using F2.0.0.1 I think it is the greatest browser to hit the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wagner
    using F2.0.0.1 I think it is the greatest browser to hit the net.
    I agree!! And version 2.0.0.2 is available for updating
    Last edited by Chuck Wintle; 02-23-2007 at 6:59 PM.

A question for you linux users. And yes I guess I'm hijacking this thread. How do you folks resize your photo's for posting on the web? I have been using Susa for a # of years now and haven't found a way to post my photo's using this operateing system. I am on the regular mozilla browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Schubert
    My Firefox 1.5.?.? did not automatically upgrade to 2.0.0.1. I had to go on the Mozilla site and download it from there. Other upgrades had always worked with the auto update, but not 2.0.

Rick
    I think Firefox will automatically update for all minor updates(mostly bug fixes). The jump from 1.5 to 2 is a major version difference, so it is left to the user to make that decision, since there are so many noticable differences in program interface, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Downes
    A question for you linux users. And yes I guess I'm hijacking this thread. How do you folks resize your photo's for posting on the web? I have been using Susa for a # of years now and haven't found a way to post my photo's using this operateing system. I am on the regular mozilla browser.
    I usually resize photos with Gimp. It is a full featured photo editor that can do much more than resizing too. There is even a windows version of the program.
    I haven't had a need to post images to this board yet, so I'm not sure about the site specifics.
    But one site I have found useful for uploading images is http://imageshack.us you can upload as many images as you want(less than 1.5MB each) for free. There is even an option for imageshack to resize the image for you!
    Last edited by Hans Loeblich; 02-26-2007 at 1:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Downes
    For just quick resizing znd cropping I use GThumb. For more detailed work I use Gimp.
    Last edited by Robert Mickley; 02-26-2007 at 6:06 AM.

Thanks, Hans & Robert, for the replies. I have been thinking about upgrading to a newer version of linux. I have had repeated problems uploading updates and stuff like the gimp help section. I do get the OS updates but haven't been able to fix the problems. I usually call my friend who is a linux programmer for help but even he has been mystified by the lack of performance. Looks like it's the time to do a major box overhaul. Just one more comment, I had to go online with xp the other day and couldn't believe how sloooowwww it was compared to linux.

Paul, I;ve been using Ubuntu. http://www.ubuntu.com/

They have a good list of compatable hardware and a pretty good support forum. I've been using it for several months now. I've converted My Sister, 1nephew, 1 niece and my brother.

You know, two days after this thread started, My FF browser ran a automatic update to 2.0.0.2. ever since then everytime I click a link in a email sent to me (using Outlook 2003) It first opens a File window labled, Locate Link Browser, and then 5 sec later it opens my browser. I assume it Is FF since it's the only software installed or upgraded recently. Any one else have this problem?

tim.