Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is this guy doing????

I guess I'm lucky. In one and a half houses and two kitchens my wife has done all the taping and mudding and some of the texturing. Needless to say I tell her the job is perfect. Dick B.

Cool

It looks like you're trying to convince me that maybe I don't want to use wall board in my shop.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Starting a new company..."I.B.Bonkers, INC".....
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Audtioning for a new scary movie comedy?

Glenn......I use turning as the excuse for not putting the final coat on the ceiling of my shop! I.B. Bonkers2!

But it's only been a year........
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Stop!

This is what happens when, while working at top speed, you stop -- and your yarmulke suddenly shifts forward onto your forehead.
    Al Clem
    Sedona, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Clem
    This is what happens when, while working at top speed, you stop -- and your yarmulke suddenly shifts forward onto your forehead.
    Ah the solution is advanced male pattern baldness...the kipa sticks better when there is no hair in the way...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

8. He is suffering the torments of the dammed. I despise dry wall work. Can't wait till I have that first primer coat on.

Looking for his bagel? Now that he found the cream cheese
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

The two obviouis questions:
    1) Why wear a dust mask for mudding?
    2) Why wear it on your forehead?

BTW, I like mudding and tapping, but I'd rather hang drywall. It's really cool to see bare studs transformed into finished space, IMO.

[quote=Karle Woodward]The two obviouis questions:
    1) Why wear a dust mask for mudding?
    2) Why wear it on your forehead?
    quote]

Obvious answer to both questions...
    It's on the top of big bald head to keep it from falling on it and sliding into my eyes.

p.s. - You like mudding???? That's just not right.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

[QUOTE=Glenn Clabo]
    Quote Originally Posted by Karle Woodward
    The two obviouis questions:

p.s. - You like mudding???? That's just not right.

It's odd I personally like sanding and finishing wood, but I HATE!!!!! drywall .. I either panel or put the drywall up and hire my nephew who is a journeyman drywall/plaster to come, mud, tape and finish for me.. then I prime & paint. I don't MUDD ... EVER!

I did one whole house in my youth and learned why my old man had a completely paneled or t&g pine our house.. never never again!
    Mike-in-Michigan (Richland that is) <br> "We never lack opportunity, the trouble is many don't recognize an opportunity when they see it, mostly because it usually comes dressed in work clothes...."

Heck I think your just farting around. Now pull that mask down & turn the fan on.

Gas Gas Gas
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Schlop that stuff on there like mad, Glenn. Work it in again and again and again, so it sets up real good.

And if it doesn't turn out so well - there's nothing to worry about. The paint will make it look just fine.

I only had to follow this procedure fourteen times before the missus finally understood the value of subbing this phase out - which is, of course, the real purpose of this approach.
    Only the Blue Roads