Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splitters?

Splitters?

After reading the thread that Dan Barber started on splitters I am NOW convinced to install a splitter on my table saw. Any thoughts on an after market splitter for a 10 inch Jet table saw model JTAS10XL-1?
    Thank you Dan Barber for sharing your experience. You got my attention.
    Jerry Todd
    Jerry in the Sunshine State
    Nam Vet, 67-68
    "If you're going to be stupid you got to be tough"

I'm using the Biesemeyer splitter in my left-tilt Jet. It's so easy to use that it actually stays on the saw almost all the time! While not inexpensive, it is well built. The only thing that I didn't like was the pawls and they are gone off of mine...the points tended to score soft wood or veneered sheet goods and for me, the splitter function is what I wanted. (I'm not suggesting anyone remove the pawls from their splitter...that was just for my own situation and comfort level)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Bies here too

I've had the Bies splitter on my PM66 for about a year now and never take it off unless necessary (e.g., for dadoing).

At the time I did my pre-buy research, the Bies was the only decent splitter available for non-Delta saws, so the "choice" was easy--but it's a really solid unit and I have no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    While not inexpensive, it is well built.

Do you know what they currently sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Pater
    Do you know what they currently sell for?
    The Biesemeyer splitter sells for about $130. You can get the specific model number you need from the Biesemeyer web site . Not every retailer, online or brick-&-mortar, carries them in stock, so you may need to order. Amazon/Toolcrib has some models and I hear that Redmond in Atlanta is a good source. But any Delta dealer should be able to get what you need.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Another vote for the Biesemeyer. I have the older straight model. Works great, and worth the cost.

John

Which splitter fits the G1023SL???
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Splitter

Jerry - I have the Bies splitter also. I bought their overarm blade guard a few years ago and I think this splitter came with it. I've been very happy with it - Jerry

Has anyone seen the Biesmeier splitter at the woodworking shows? We have one in my neck of the woods this coming weekend and thought they may have a "show" price. Been wnating a splitter for a long time. Everytime I see a post of someone's kick back it reminds me that I haven't bought a splitter yet.
    Jim

Jim,

I haven't seen them at the show, you might try the Biesemeyer site, they often have scratch and dent stuff, but go ahead and order it. Not worth trying to save a couple bucks, if you've already decided that is what you want.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Young
    Has anyone seen the Biesmeier splitter at the woodworking shows? We have one in my neck of the woods this coming weekend and thought they may have a "show" price. Been wnating a splitter for a long time. Everytime I see a post of someone's kick back it reminds me that I haven't bought a splitter yet.

Although a little late in reply, I agree w/ Jim. I have a biesemeyer and I like it b/c it's easy to use - i.e. it actually stays on the saw b/c it's so easy to snap in, and remove when needed. The only drawback is it doesn't work w/ thin kerf blades. Not too big a deal b/c I don't have many, but for some it's an issue.

I have it on the G1023, but my saw it right tilt. Don't know if the equivalent splitter for the Delta left tilt will work on the 1023SL. Call them and ask - they were very helpful when I did.

Also I was just at the Dallas WWorking show but didn't see any display setup for them. But I would be willing to bet Delta could answer your questions and might even have a deal. And Delta had quite a big display.

www.biesemeyer.com

Perry

Biesmeyer splitter online purchase for me

I purchased my Biesmeyer splitter ffor the JET cabinet saw online from Mike's Tools. (http://www.mikestools.com) I also purchased a complete Biesmeyer cutoff saw fence system from them. I was very pleased with both price and service from these folks.
    Michael Mastin
    McKinney Hardwood Lumber
    Exotic and figured woods

MicroJig Splitters

MicroJig is in the process or very close to shipping a new splitter that is very nice. On the DVD they sent me with their MicroJig there is a section which shows the new splitter and hoe it is installed. I believe their design will fit any table saw as they have a jig the allows you to drill your zero clearence plate to locate a small pin behind the blade. The cool deal here is that you can use the jig and setup for multiple blades and I think their new splitter is very resonably priced.

I spent some time on the phone with MicroJigs President weeks ago and he had lots of good things to say about their new design entry into the splitter market.

Check their web site before you buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch
    Which splitter fits the G1023SL???
    Bart, I modified the Delta Uniguard splitter to fit my ShopFox (virtually the same saw as your Griz) I took it off my right-tilt contractors saw, turned two bolts around in the base mount, and it bolted right up to the existing mounting holes in the ShopFox. The Delta, unlike the Biesemeyer, will work with thin kerf blades, although I don't need TC blades on the ShopFox...

YMMV

Jerry I have the Delta Unigard which comes

with a splitter for around $260. If this would fit your saw I feel it's a better deal just because the splitter somes with a blade guard for the extra money. Alan
    Alan T. Thank God for every pain free day you live.