Thread: Creeker Visit - Earl Reid

Creeker Visit - Earl Reid

My day started pretty nicely with a visit from Earl Reid and his lovely wife Barbara. I had met them once before...waaay back when I first joined the Creek. In fact, Earl is the reason I joined the Creek in the first place. You might say he is the blame for ya'll having to put up with me.
    We had a very nice chat, and Earl stumbled through the shop over my wood mountain obstructions. Earl brought along some bowls that he had made.....really inspirational. Especially the square bowl. I gotta do one of those. We need to force him into posting some pics!!! He also had a maple burl in his trunk that I tried to steal while he wasn't looking. I failed. It was a perfect weather day....bright sunshine, no wind, snow everywhere.
    In addition to it already being a perfect morning, they also brought gifts! One pen for me, my wife, and one for each of the girls. A very thoughtful gift and everyone loved theirs. From left to right:
    Juniper, Ambrosia Maple, Zebrawood, and a piece of an Ash cutoff from the Louisville Slugger bat factory. (I took the bat! )
    Thanks for the visit Earl and Barbara. It was very nice of you to come by.
    EarlAndBarbara.jpg Pens.jpg
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Sounds like you all had a good time John! Let Earl know that the pens he made look great! What will it take to get him to post pics of his bowls? I'm always looking to someone else's work for inspiration!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Yup, like we've all come to know, Creeker visits are THE best! I've yet to be disappointed visiting with fellow SMC members and, it looks/sounds to me like your visit with Earl and the Mrs. was no exception! I've got so many Creekers on my "Visit List", I could spend the next year covering all 50 states and beyond!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Another Creeker visit.....I'm envious!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

We enjoyed our visit with John and Mary, and meeting the charming daughters. I saw the begining of his monster lathe he is building. He has many piles of blanks ready to ship out. I got quite a few and hope to make some bowls next week. H gave me some sugestion on mounting my burl on the lathe. I hope he is past all the problems he had with the rain last summer and the recent frozen water line. He is a hard worker and keeps busy aand I know why there will be no Horssy in his future. I wish him the best.

Earl

6. Thumbs up Thank You for your Support

I just wanted to thank Earl and all the Creekers working with the Freedom Pen project. I have one of those beautiful pens Earl made and when I looked on the slip, it gave me this here web site. I was tickled to see that the organization is based in Hayes, VA which is right around the corner of Ft. Eustis where we are based out of. Thanks again for your moral support. It makes being over here a little more bearable. A safe, happy and prosperous New Year to all.

Scarlett I. Stabel
    Command Sergeant Major
    Kuwait/Iraq

What a great visit. Pens look great. Earl just needs to post some pic's.

Scarlett welcome to SMC. Thank you and all of the troops for your service. Happy New Year to you and all.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Scarlett,

Welcome to the Creek and thanks to you for your service!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I bet it's cool meeting another Creeker. And the pens are gorgeous, especially the one with the RWB band. Tell Earl we'd like to see some of his work!