Thread: Looking for info/opinion on Incra LS Router super setup

Looking for info/opinion on Incra LS Router super setup

I was taken in by the Incra LS router table setup this weekend at the Milwaukee WW show. I almost pulled the trigger and was adding up in my head what I could get for my woodpecker PRL, Leigh D4. For some reason, I can't justify the fence for my tablesaw (the saw is not nice enough to warrant it!), but it seems very logical for the router. The kid who demonstrates the product is a wizard with that thing.

The Incra people had their overize table, aluminum legs, LS for something like $750 and for their router lift, it was approx $280 more. They said that the lift was by Jessem. It had a nifty magnetic throat plate and multiple levelers. Really well made. Anyway, I am looking for more info on this setup.

The Incra site is no help and frankly, I can't find what they sell at the show anywhere on the web. Does anyone have this setup from the WW show? How is it working out for you? Do Incra fence users find themselves using it how it is demonstrated (ie. complex dovetail joinery?) Does anyone know where I can get one (other than another WW show... and believe me, the thought of driving to Minneapolis this weekend has crossed my mind as opposed to waiting until October for Chicago!)

Cool

Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Quote Originally Posted by Don Bullock
    Thanks - that's the closest I can find, but not right on point. The INCRA table legs are different - made of extruded aluminum with a 1/4 groove to put in side panels so you can create an internal cabinet system. In addition, the router lift is much different. I still drool over the woodpeck version, but the one at the show is over the top!

I bought the whole shabang (TS LS) at last years show. I am happy with it, very accurate. If you work a lot with sheet goods the table saw set up probably doesn't warrant it. But on the other hand if you do a lot of fine work it makes very repeatable cuts. If you go on to Incra's site you should be able to see all the options.