Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any one know where i can find a online dealer for the canadian built General TS

The jointer I'm replacing is in a school workshop and it looks alot like the one you have. (8'' with a 64'' table and at least 30 years old) .I'll get the model number to confirm this tomorrow. The reason I want to replace it is that the sun of a gun is so noisy, it howls like a pack a hungry wolves. I honestly believe that it is in an unsafe decibel range. After spending a couple of hours in the shop, even with ear protectors I get a headache. (This baby runs almost non stop with 12 students using it!)We've had technicians look at it (Légere Industrial in Ottawa), bearings, pulleys... put they could not figure out why it was so noisy. Any ideas?
    Luc

Honey where did I put.....never mind I found it!

I love my General 130 planer. A stout piece of equipment and takes up little room in the shop. If I had the chance to do it all over, I think almost all my equipment would be the maple leaf General.

Ballewtools.com, Springfield MO. They carry the General/General int. line and are great to do business with.

Pm 2000

The PM 2000 is Ordered.

All things Canadian

I am a proud owner of a GI TS, its not the cabinet style you all are referring to... but at the time it was all I thought I'd ever need. It has seen some nice upgrades (INCRA TS/LS and router fence & lift).
    I wouldn't hesitate to seriously consider GI for any future purchases.

While on the Maple Leaf subject... I am from Northern Vermont originally (now in Kansas City, MO)... and I can say I I am one of the few here who buys beer with maple leafs on the tops. And we won't get into the contest of who says they make the "best" maple syrup!