Thread: Sorby RS2000 system (hooker tool)

Question Sorby RS2000 system (hooker tool)

Has anyone used the Robert Sorby RS2000 Hooker hollowing Tool system with the swivel tip cutter and shear scraper blade.

I was going to order the Hooker Tool, Swivel Tip holder and cutter and the Armbrace but thought i would ask about positive and the negitive experiences others have had.
    Last edited by roy knapp; 03-01-2007 at 1:50 PM.
    Start square and you will finish square

Are hooker tools legal?
    Sorry--I couldn't resist.

I don't have that tool--sorry I can't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pruitt
    Are hooker tools legal?
    Yes and they can Turn Tricks too! Not just for Hollowforms anymore.

Hey Roy...Haven't used the Hooker...but it looks to be the same configuration as the Hollowmaster...which I do use. The hollowing bit is really nice since it can swivel and make the hard reaches under the shoulders. It does react, violently at times, to shavings, so be sure to clear your shavings often. 'Course then, with the Hollowmaster, it is hand-held. You'd probably have better luck with the captured system.

Oh yeah...the round scraper is great for smoothing the inside of HFs....Bowls too!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by John Hart
    Hey Roy...Haven't used the Hooker...
    I'm glad for you John...I would hate to see a good man get into hot water like that...

Quote Originally Posted by roy knapp
    Has anyone used the Robert Sorby RS2000 Hooker hollowing Tool system with the swivel tip cutter and shear scraper blade.

I was going to order the Hooker Tool, Swivel Tip holder and cutter and the Armbrace but thought i would ask about positive and the negitive experiences others have had.
    Yes on the swivel tip and the regular scraper blade. Work fine, and handle things my Stewart set won't. Not to mention the kick my kids get out of telling people how they got their dad a "hundred dollar hooker" for fathers' day.

I think if I were in the market today, I'd get one of the shaving-limited cutter types like the Proforme.

Put some loctite in the screws that hold the wrist brace to the shaft, lot of unfelt vibration there keeps loosening.

I have the Stewart hooker tool, which is identical to the Sorby for all intents and purposes. As Sorby mentions on their site, they make it under license from Dennis Stewart. It is a very nice tool, and a number of friends of mine use it and it alone for their hollowing.

The Robert Sorby RS2000 System is a derivative of the Stewart System and is made under licence from Denis Stewart.

Bill