Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Yankee Worshop - What is going on?

Here they showed Table Saw 101 part one last weekend, and I recorded it on my newly-built DVR. BUt for part 2, looks like I'll have to wait at least a month! I'm just glad I got the DVR finished in time to record part 1, which is now burned to DVD for my viewing in the shop.

Arizona

It's fund-raising time in Arizona (along with Cactus League baseball). No Norm, no nothin' -- just can-rattling "for a good cause." Thank goodness for Netflix. Tonight it's a movie in our living room -- with our own Orville Redebacher's popcorn and our own clean toilet. Can't beat that!
    Al Clem
    Sedona, AZ

I am ok with the beg-a-thon, as long as they come back to the show exactly where they left off. It would be a shame for them to skip the tool instructional episodes. Thanks for the heads up everyone. I get cranky when I don't see plaid on Saturday mornings. I usually allow Norm to motivate me into actually working in the shop on the weekend.

It was on the PBS channel coming out of Kent State this morning as normal. It was a repeat of last Sunday's show. Our stations do not usually preempt NYW because their high society patrons don't watch that early in the day (8:30am).

So I checked my Tivo out today as I was also missing this weeks episode. We only have one PBS station that we get but Direct TV lists two PBS stations.

Channel 47 PBS is the station I get. It did not have a New Yankee Workshop episode at all today. This means I missed pt 2 of Tablesaw 101 (according to Norm last week) - very disapointing!!

Channel 384 is also PBS but I do not get that station. They had tablesaw 101 pt 2 today and have one more episode next week and then they are done with NYW.

So until DIY starts airing NYW I may not be receiving NYW at all. Good thing Tivo is filled with them

Let me know how it turns out for everybody. Anyone actually see TS pt 2 today on NYW??

Guess I will buy the Tablesaw 101 episode if I want to get the 2nd half.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Tablesaw 101

Yep was already for it myself, and got 1 hour of someone trying to teach you how to mantain your lawn.

Here in Chicago NW area we had NYW today on Table saw part 2 followed by TOH. All normal. Sorry about the other areas...
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Kraft
    What gets me is all the cool shows they run during the telethon, then you never see them (the shows) again.
    I agree with you. This is what turns me off most about PBS. Something like bait and switch. About the only show they show during these fund raisers and normal times is Rick Steve's Europe shows. We are having a 7 hour marathon of these today.

Vijay

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Langford
    Both my local S.C. PBS and the N.C. PBS station where I normally see Norm & Roy Underhill has preempted their programs because the stations are having their March-Fest fund raising shows......

.....I hope Norm & Roy return next week?
    Same here, replaced with girls HS basketball this week.
    DICK
    We can only be, what we give ourselves the power to be~ Cherokee Feast of Days

Luckily, we still get to see Laurence Welk!! Woo Hoo!! Ballrooms and bubbles. Now theres good tv.

Jim

It didn't appear that I was going to get to see the two episodes so I went on the NYW web site and was able to order the two episodes on DVD for $40.00 it may be a little pricey but at least I get to watch them and may learn a great deal from them.
    Last edited by Gary Lange; 03-04-2007 at 4:25 PM.
    I want to create love in my woodworking with a love for woodworking.

Norm

We got it here in Spotsylania, VA. I recorded it. We'll see if I get part 2 due next weekend. Won't hold my breath!
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1

Blog Entries
    Yeah, Norm wasn't on in my area on DirecTV also yesterday (Sat). I'll recover in a day or so. My wife is making me some comfort food and I'll swill down some frozen margueritas tonight and things will probably begin to seem better by tomorrow.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

Episodes 1908 and 1909, the table saw shows, are available on newsgroups as of 12 hours ago.