Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....

Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope this finds each of you doing well and that your shops have the appearance of "someone's been working in my shop".

Let's see....I've been working on the dresser / changing table for our friends and I'm getting close on it of being done. I have all seven drawer boxes done, dovetails on all corner joints, I have almost all the face-frame mounted, then all I need to do is to build up the interior of the carcase enough to mount the ball-bearing drawer-slides to, cut and mount the drawer fronts, mount the drawer slides, and finally add the skirting on the bottom for the feet and bottom design. Then toss on the top of the dresser and it'll be ready for delivery. I guess I should say that all I like is the rest of it, hugh?

I haven't picked up working on the kitchen table project for some time now. I need to get it back under way, get it done and get it out of my shop.

It was church Sunday, had music rehearsal Sunday afternoon in preparation for next Sunday's music. With all this music in mind reminds me that I have started a new course on bass guitar in hopes of it helping me to get better. It seems that I'm never satisfied with my playing skills and keep striving for more and better ways and skills to improve my playing. Does it ever end?

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Not weekend, but week long. I finished my electrical rough in, insulation, attic floor, armored drywall, and almost finished the first coat of tape and mud on my 20x23' shop.

Pics: http://www.dmwtech.com/gallery2/v/construction/garage/

Took advantage of the (relatively) decent weather here in SE PA to finish some random parts for my kitchen project. Other than that, odds and ends and spent some good time with the kids outside. Good shop / relax time balance this weekend.

We started our big symposium for work this weekend, so I didn't have a lot of time. I did make a template for an arched back panel for a small shelf, then rough cut and routed the panel . . .and ruined both the panel and the template when my router bit slipped down into the collet. That's when I quit for the day.

Cleaned shop on Friday and Saturday night. Also installed a 220 outlet off the LVC on the shaper for the feeder that is on its way. Sold a Jet jointer and played with the planner on Sunday. Hope to work on two projects during evenings this week.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Blog Entries
    Got some more time in on a couple x-cut sleds; one for dad, one more for me. Put together the cutlist for an office corner unit that's next on the list.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

continued with the 150 yr old oak outdoor dining table has progressed nicely this weekend.... Pics will follow sometime.

Also, took advantage of Woodcraft's 10 pct sale and Performax $50 rebate and bought a 16/32 drum sander. Now I need to pick it up.

Blog Entries
    Outside of buying 55 BF of lumber on Saturday, I did a whole lot of nothing, which was nice for a change.

I layed around the house most of Saturday and was too hung over on Sunday to really do much other than take up space.

I worked on the shop ceilings and walls. See the coolmeadow shop rehab thread for pictures. Starting to look like a shop inside instead of a barn. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Got in a lot of shop time this weekend. I finished up my tablesaw outfeed table, installing my router in my extension table, and built a router table fence. I also did a bunch of straightening in the shop and got started on a cutting grate to use with my plasma cutter. The grate is welded up, I just need to make a pan for underneath to catch the debris.

In between shop sessions, LOML and I went out for a really nice dinner and a movie to celebrate our 6th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    I hope this finds each of you doing well and that your shops have the appearance of "someone's been working in my shop".
    As always, my shop has the appearance of "someone who is clueless when it comes to cleanliness works here."

My weekend consisted of the inaugarul turnings for the new Mustard. Two spalted maple bowls, now wrapped and shelved following a DNA dip, a maple winged bowl also DNA'd (it will possibly come apart, not optomistic about it), and a small spalted maple vase. For the first time ever, I was able to use a forstner bit in the tailstock to do most of the hollowing on the vase, since I now have a lathe with a slow enough speed to prevent burning a Forstner.

Oh, and I FINALLY got around to BLO'ing the legs and stretchers for my workbench!

Figured out a solution for my height-adjustable pull-outs, and started implementing it. (I had tried to do it by installing brass inserts in the cabinet walls, but I didn't locate them precisely enough and had to enlarge the holes in the mounting strips, which meant the drawers might not be level. The solution was carefully-placed blocks screwed to the cabinet at both ends of each slide location.)

Also finally fixed the electric strikeplate in my front door. The doorjamb that it screws into is old and has been drilled into too many times, so the strike kept shifting out of position causing the door to not latch (though the deadbolt still worked). Built a mounting block for it and screwed it into the framing, also making it a lot more secure.

Saturday I started turning some bubinga knobs and attended a wedding reception of an old elk hunting friend. Sunday....more work on turning those bubinga knobs. Makes me glad I'm not a production turner. Wow!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I built a pair of NYW saw horses.

Paul
    Paul Fitzgerald
    Mid-South Woodworker

I joined the creek