Thread: Weather Gloat

Weather Gloat

First, my apologies to those of you in the northeast getting the snow, and I realize this is no big deal to people in Florida, but yesterday here in the Seattle area it was not only sunny all day but hit 75 in the afternoon.

I'm not sure if that's a record but it's very unusual, normal is mid 40s. Too nice a day to be inside so I drove in to Redmond to letter a van that I'd been putting off, and actually used the A/C in the truck.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Joe,
    You are so cruel.
    Here in Mid Michigan at 8:45 A.M. it is "0" deeegreez out and there is a 4 inch blanket of new snow on the ground that I have to clear off of my 300 foot driveway before I can go any place. On the positive side, the Sun is shining and it is supposed to reach 27* as a high for the day. Think I will go back to bed, that way I won't get a burn from the bright Sun shinning on the new snow. I hate to sweat so I think I will stay in this beautiful state of Michigan.
    David B

Hey Joe......Here in the Inland Northwest we hit the mid-60s yesterday!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

The Weather...

I hear next week we might be in the 40's! Above, not below! My husband plows snow for the Highway Department...he has been working a lot of overtime! I am really getting sick of snow! Spring could come anytime!

Sincerely,
    Phyllis

It's probably my fault for bringing it up, but today it's back to normal here,
    45 and drizzly rain.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis Meyer
    I am really getting sick of snow! Spring could come anytime!

Sincerely,
    Phyllis
    Phyllis,

Wish I could ship you some Spring. It is 73 and beautifully sunny here. The dogwoods and azaleas are in full bloom. Course there is a down side - it'll be in the high 90s and up from mid April until possibly Thanksgiving, along with 90% humidity. Ah . . . Summer in the South. We were stretched out by the pool this year on December 1st. Maybe I can send you a pic of the azaleas tomorrow - might cheer you up.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Yup winter blues here as well, 76 and cloudy today. I really miss those cold Michigan days and night, well not really...

I'm heading up to Alaska tomorrow for a week or two (work, not play). I checked the weather just now and it's 17*...I can hardly wait...
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Pictures of Flowers

Pictures would be nice! I think it might be the "age thing", we like Wisconsin but when we can get snow into May, the winters get a little long! We love the spring/summer (what little of them we get). We haven't had time yet to try the "fly for free tickets" because my husband can't leave (busy time at his work-snow plowing)!

I'll be thinking about your flowers

Sincerely,
    Phyllis

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page
    I'm heading up to Alaska tomorrow for a week or two (work, not play). I checked the weather just now and it's 17*...I can hardly wait...
    snowing here is southcentral too
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

Thanks alot Joe!! I was really hoping for another day today like yesterday. I had some spring fever in a bad way yesterday afternoon.

Travis

Hoo Hum

It was a nice 74 here, north of Dallas.

The first Purple Martin scout stopped by today for a couple hours. The flock will probably arrive in a day or two.
    Best Regards, Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Stratton
    snowing here is southcentral too
    Barry, I’ll be arriving in your fair city at midnight tomorrow then catching the 9:40 ERA morning flight over to Kodiak. I was on island two weeks ago and saw a lot of road heaving. I've been going to Kodiak for about 6 years and I have never seen that before. I was talking with a Coast Guard acquaintance that lives on Kodiak, he said that they have had one of the coldest, whitest winters in years.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney