Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down with Dubby

Smile Down with Dubby

OK I admit I'm venting my frustration and dissappointment with In Line but their customer service is horrible. I ordered my dubby back in January and the guy said he was waiting for stops and there would be a two week delay, hey no problem. I call In Line about the dubby in February and they say their waiting for extrusions and it will be...... you guessed it two weeks. During these delays, In Line made no effort to contact me and explain the problems or apologize for the lengthy wait. So, now it's March and I'm fed up with In Line so I call to cancel my order some guy answers the phone does'nt say his name and I tell him to cancel my order, he looks up my order and says he shows it will ship tomorrow..... yeah right. I told him to cancel the order anyway and he grumbled something under his breath and said he would take care of it. No sorry, no I hope we can do business in the future, no nothin just click. Well my smart miter arrived yesterday in less than a week and Jointech was very happy to relieve of my money.

Rob

Robert, I live by customer service, I am the one chance kind of guy since I deal with C/S on a daily basis. If you diss me you are done, then I move to the next vendor. I will pay the extra cash just for good down to earth real person caring C/S when I call for eta or just ordering info. You treat me like a number then I take my money numbers elsewhere...

Sorry to hear that Rob. My Dubby is over 15 years old and I use it about every time I'm on the table saw. Mine is so old it has the wooden fence. lol

Gary K.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Miller
    Robert, I live by customer service, I am the one chance kind of guy since I deal with C/S on a daily basis. If you diss me you are done, then I move to the next vendor. I will pay the extra cash just for good down to earth real person caring C/S when I call for eta or just ordering info. You treat me like a number then I take my money numbers elsewhere...
    Same here. And if you're the only game in town, it better be something I can't do without. And I can't think of a single thing I may purchase I couldn't live without. It's a stubborn thing I guess, but I won't put up with it. And you won't get a second shot.

Agreed

My wife and I face the dreaded prospect of buying a car. I'd rather undergo a root canal. Over-fed, over-caffeined, over-smoking guys in overstuffed polo shirts who act as if they are doing you a favor.

They always have "to talk this over with their sales manager," you know, The Wizard of Oz. "Be back in a minute, folks," is part of their stage act. All part of "the squeeze play" put on the great unwashed, otherwise known as customers.

Maybe we will just keep the aged Chrysler.

And all the same goes for lots of stuff I have bought from woodworking retailers -- they simply could not care less.
    Al Clem
    Sedona, AZ

Hi Gary,
    My Dubby has the wooden fence also. It doesnt fit my SS now, do you need two??

I don't know how this guy stays in business for 15 years providing customer service like that. I guess what really chapped me was his attitude. He acted like I was the jerk for canceling my order.

Alfred,

If you're buying new, try this...it worked very well for my FIL. You get the e-mail addresses for, lets say, all the Ford dealers within a 50 mile radius. You send them a very detailed e-mail regarding the model, all the options, color, etc. for your prospective car. Ask for pricing and delivery. None of the salesmen know what dealers they are "bidding" against and they will give you the lowest possible price. My FIL did this with a Honda CRV after a failed attempt at dealing with a dealer....there is little dealing with Honda products...you usually pay asking price.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

dang...read the title and thought this was a political thread

Pete

feel your pain

almost identical experiance with order placed for pals on Jan 12 2007, same story waiting for parts, will ship in a week Fast forward three weeks call again will ship next week... FF one more weeks nothing, call confirmed order shipped... call monday this week told order was lost told will ship that day, order arrived tuesday. wery frustating cost himself another order for align it... bought super bar on amazon instead. this will be the last I deal with them. thought maybe it was just my bad luck guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Miller
    Amen! I worked as Quality Assurance Manager for several years and I'm with Ted. It doesn't take any longer to make a good impression on your customers.

I will not darken the door of a certain "orange" home center after they tried to "bribe" me back after many poor CS issues.

I use PlanetFeedback.com and have gotten some great results and a place to let many others know when a company gives me bad service.

Bet you'll love the Smart Miter. I do mine!!
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Kasahara
    OK I admit I'm venting my frustration and dissappointment with In Line but their customer service is horrible. I ordered my dubby back in January and the guy said he was waiting for stops and there would be a two week delay, hey no problem. I call In Line about the dubby in February and they say their waiting for extrusions and it will be...... you guessed it two weeks. During these delays, In Line made no effort to contact me and explain the problems or apologize for the lengthy wait. So, now it's March and I'm fed up with In Line so I call to cancel my order some guy answers the phone does'nt say his name and I tell him to cancel my order, he looks up my order and says he shows it will ship tomorrow..... yeah right. I told him to cancel the order anyway and he grumbled something under his breath and said he would take care of it. No sorry, no I hope we can do business in the future, no nothin just click. Well my smart miter arrived yesterday in less than a week and Jointech was very happy to relieve of my money.

Rob
    Rob thanks for info. I almost bought a dubby a few ago at a woodworking show. Now the show is coming back in town near the end of the month and I was thinking of going to get a dubby. Perhaps I better look at the smart mitre too.
    Ed

Ed, although a bit more pricey, the smartmiter offers much better build and the pivot point stays fixed (ie - the end of the fence closest to the saw blade does not move away from the blade as the angle of the fence changes) - very useful for accurate cuts.

?Dubby?

Ok- well, I agree with all the responses about how important customer service is, but I'm baffled on what a "dubby" is!