Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a used laser

I don't know these lasers, but you should also check out that you can download a driver for the operating system that you want/need to use. Many older lasers only work on Windows 95/98 and don't have XP drivers available.
    Dave Fifield

XYZ Laser - 45W Epilog 36EXT, Rotary, Corel X4, Photograv

As Mike McKenzie knows, LOML and I own an M-20 20W manufactured in about 1996, and it's still on the original tube. We bought it used from the original owner who really used it a lot, and we've put it through its paces too. a few months ago we thought we needed a new tube and the price for an upgrade for a 25W tube was under $1K. (As it turned out, we had a lens problem rather than a tube problem, so no new tube needed.)

Then in September we purchased a used M-360 40W ULS machine which also has a lot of time on it--but we have had no problem, not one with the machine (this one was manufactured in 2005 and purchased from the original owner).

Of course, after I have posted this, declaring that we have had good luck with our used lasers, one of them will go south some time in the next few days---that's my sort of luck when I start to brag on something--it goes to h-e-double hockey sticks! But then, maybe it won't.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Check again

Allan, I would check with ACCESS again. $ 12K is a lot more than an entry level machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Bosworth
    Allan, I would check with ACCESS again. $ 12K is a lot more than an entry level machine.
    I'm on their tickler list for anything matching my specifications, as well as their mailing list.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I guess it wouldn't hurt to e-mail them every couple of weeks to make sure they haven't forgotten about me.

Thanks to all the Creekers who have advised and supported my search. I have recently paid for and am expecting delivery on a 2004 Epolog TT 35-watt laser.

I've already bought my exhaust system (660 CFM) and will start wiring up the shop this week while I await the system's arrival.
    Laser Engraver: Epilog Legend 24TT 35-watt
    Lathe: Delta X5 46-746 - 3HP/220v, 16"x42"