I'll try to make this short. (The long version is on the Laguna forum site.) I ordered an LT16 some time ago and finally had it delivered last Friday. There lies part of this CS story: When the shipping company pulled a boner, my Laguna sales rep got it straightened out. The saw ended up here a day later than originally quoted, but a LOT sooner that if I'd have left it up to the shipper!

Once here, I found that the "mobility kit" I ordered with the unit was "back-ordered". Again, I called Laguna and it was explained that the factory just hasn't been able to keep up with the production demands and it would be, at least, a month before any come in. Boo, hiss! I couldn't effectively use the BS without it being mobile OR, I'd have to do some pretty creative layout changes. (I eventually opted to re-organize some of the workspace, so that I could leave the LT planted in one spot.) At any rate, after a short discussion surrounding the kit, we decided to give the kit up. My Laguna rep credited my account for the full price of the kit, even though it had been part of a "package special". Cool!

Once I set the saw up, my first "power-on" had me pretty worried. I'm not used to the power, compared to my "old" Jet 14", but I was sure there shouldn't be as much vibration. I tried a couple "fixes" according to the manual, but it was still not acceptable. I dropped an email to my Laguna rep this morning and by this afternoon, one of their top Techs (Jason)gave me a call at work. (He had first tried my home # and left a voice message there, too!) He explained what he thought it might be and gave me instructions for corrective measures. Once at home, I did as he had instructed and about 15 min. later, she was running smoothly, just as designed! And that ain't all! About a 1/2 hour after getting it running properly, the phone rings and it's Jason from Laguna! He was just calling to make sure his suggestions worked out and to see if he could help with any other issues! That is just TOO cool!!!

So, if any of you guys and gals have heard the negative feedback on Laguna and their "poor customer service", I'll say here and now, that's NOT my experience! Are they perfect? Nope. Fact is, they themselves acknowledge there was a time, not that long ago, where there were issues with both, the equipment and the CS. They are working very, very hard on fixing BOTH! From what I have seen, they're well on their way! Naw, I'm not affiliated with Laguna, nor are they sending me a Knapp, free of charge, to endorse their product(s) here. Just another happy Laguna owner with a pleasant story to tell, that's all.