Thread: Has anyone used this Forrest vendor?

Has anyone used this Forrest vendor?

I need a new Forrest Chopmaster blade. I ran across this vendor in my search. They seem to have the best price. Has anyone had experience with these folks?

http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.com/index.html
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Yes. Good people. I ordered a WWII #1 grind and as soon as I placed the order online, I got a phone call telling me it was slightly backordered. I also purchased a duraline and had no problems.

That's good to know because I noticed that their price on the Dato King was the best I could find. How does their shipping price compare to others?
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Falkenstein
    I need a new Forrest Chopmaster blade. I ran across this vendor in my search. They seem to have the best price. Has anyone had experience with these folks?

http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.com/index.html
    I just bought an Ultra-planer and stiffener from them two weeks ago. I had no problems and it shipped within a day. It came well packed.

Prices look very good, Dave...I think I paid about $120 for my 12" ChopMaster from another vendor. (I don't remember who at this point)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Bullock
    ...How does their shipping price compare to others?
    Ground shipping for one blade to Arizona - $13.04. That brings the price closer to Amazon with free shipping. Amazon's Forrest blade comes from Grizzly.
    Cave Creek, AZ

I purchased a Forest WWII direct from amazon last year for $63 and free shipping. Saw the deal here.
    Scott

Update - I ordered a Forrest Chopmaster and a Woodworker II with a flat bottom grind last night. The price was just under $100 each and shipping was about $14 for the two blades. The price on the Chopmaster was pretty good, and on the WW II about normal if you look around. I might have saved a few bucks buying at Amazon, if the 20% coupon is still in effect, and if that coupon works with product from Grizzly. The current Amazon price is about $30 higher for the two blades before the 20% off coupon and there are shipping charges from Grizzly. After adding in the shipping costs with Amazon, the Amazon pricing is a bit higher, even with the 20% if it applied. As you can see, buying from amazon is a mystery sometimes, both on price and on delivery. I just wanted to get the blades without messing around, I hope. I'll update again when the shipment arrives with the final result of my experience with Forrest Saw Blades Online.
    Last edited by Dave Falkenstein; 03-18-2007 at 7:56 PM.
    Cave Creek, AZ

I hope you checked Amazon.com, I bought a 12" chomaster II about 6 weeks ago and the delivered price was $84. Things go on and off sale seemingly at their whim, but it is always worth a look first, IMHO
    Any day I wake up is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy McQuay
    I hope you checked Amazon.com, I bought a 12" chomaster II about 6 weeks ago and the delivered price was $84. Things go on and off sale seemingly at their whim, but it is always worth a look first, IMHO
    Roy - See above - I edited my post after checking Amazon closely. Of course, the situation I see today could change tomorrow at Amazon. Kind of like rolling the dice - sometimes you win and sometimes you roll a craps.
    Cave Creek, AZ

As promised in an earlier post, I am updating this thread to report the arrival of the two blades I ordered from Forrest Saw Blades Online. The order was placed the evening of Friday, 3/15. I received an order confirmation on Saturday. I got an email that the blades shipped on Monday. The blades arrived today, Monday, 3/26 on schedule. Bottom line - I got exactly what I ordered, on time and at a decent price. Good resource for Forrest blades, IMHO. Thanks.
    Cave Creek, AZ

I also got a 12" chopmaster from there - no problems.

Great to know Dave. Thank you for the follow-up. I may be purchasing a dado set soon so I'll need a good vendor.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps