Thread: New Chairmaker Blog

New Chairmaker Blog

My name is Pete Galbert. I am a full time chairmaker and instructor in Bethel, NY. I've started a chairmaking and woodworking blog at www.chairnotes.blogspot.com ,My work can also be seen at my website. I hope you'll check it out and give me some feedback. Today, I've started a series of posts about bending green wood
    Last edited by Dave Anderson NH; 03-20-2007 at 12:28 PM.

I just looked over your site... unbelievabley beautiful work! Very original, yet classically styled, in my amateur opinion. As someone who wants desperately to learn the art of chairmaking, your blog will surely serve as a guiding light as I stumble through the chairmaking wilderness. Welcome, and thanks for the resource!

Very nice work, Peter. I'm especially drawn to the "Rodback" for some reason...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Posting question

I would like to ask whether it is appropriate to post a link to my blog and the topic of the day. I don't know if this is annoying or against the etiquette of the forum. My desire is to further the conversation about the techniques that I've come to make my living with. I only have time to teach about 20 students a year and feel that the desire for knowledge far outstrips my ability to provide it one on one. I have a strong association with people trying to parse through the info out there, being a self taught woodworker myself, and hope provide a service, not a nuisance.

Peter, Love the detail on the settes...

Windsor Chairs

Peter,
    GREAT STUFF! Being a Vermonter, I have a special reverence for the Windsor Chair and its numerous varieties.....

Greg

Very nice

What a great blog. Thank you for sharing with us and taking the time. I am very happy with what I saw and read thus far and will be checking back...
    GCC LaserPro 30-Watt
    Mercury Laser Engraver/ Corel X3

SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php