Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tablesaw outfeed table

Tablesaw outfeed table

I have moved my tablesaw into our new addition to start cabinets, mantle,flooring, trim.... I would like to build a outfeed table worthy of also using as a worktable. Anyone using something like this that I can copy or adjust to my needs? Any pics anyone has would be greatlly appreciated.

Randy

Randy,

Years ago I made a basic assembly table out of 3/4 particle board. I cut a 4x8 sheet in half and glued/screwed them together. Made a base with adjustable leveling feet and an area to store hand held power tools.

When I moved into my permanent shop, I adjusted the feet to match my TS and have used it as an outfeed/assembly table....works great!!

Sorry, no pix.
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

Red face drop down outfeed table

Randy

My TS is contractor and I need to be able to move it out of the way in my small shop. I made a drop down outfeed table. A solid part extends from the back table rails to just beyond the motor. Then a piano hinge connects the rest of the table to that piece. I have flip down legs on the large section. When I fold the legs, the large section hangs just beyond my motor, so that the saw takes no more room when it is against the wall. I braced the small section to the metal legs of the saw so that it can support the weight of the large section. It's working fine. There are plans on the net that you can Google for, and adapt them any way you need.

Grant
    Ottawa ON

There is a folding outfeed solution on my web site that could serve as the basis for your own needs...just make it full width.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Randy, My outfeed in nothing special but it is my assembly area in my shop. I used 4x4 posts and 1x4 to frame under the 3/4" Melamine. 7' wide x 8' long. I cut a lot of full sheets of ply by myself so I like the large area to work with. the base of my outfeed is also were I store my sheet goods and this I made with 2x6s and 3/4" AC ply. I also added a few 2x2 so I can keep my BB just below the top. this way I do not have to move so many 8' sheets to get to my BB since all the sheet stock lays on top each other. When I get home tonight I will take a few pics of my table and post them here if you like..

Here is a table I made for assembly and as an outfeed table. It is on wheels, MDf top over a torsion box frame. Roll it into position and let the wheels down, it is just the right height for outfeed. Very handy for many tasks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Bob, I always laugh at your signature, LOL, its my middle name...

Randy, I made something similar to Grant when I used a contractor's saw. Legs folded up and table dropped down when I needed space and saw was still easy to move on the mobile base.
    Pictures here:
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=30983

Randy,

I also made a table very similar to Bob's. I based mine on Norm's plan from NYW. I modified the height so that I could position it as an infeed/outfeed table as needed when cutting sheetgoods.

It is a very simple plan and quite sturdy. I use the table more often than my Sjoberg workbench.

Hey Randy, My table may be to large for your use (60"d X 82"w) but may give you some ideas. Wood storage underneth is nice, can store 60" X 60" plywood and other materials.

Dennis
    Table.jpg

Here is the link to my pictures with comments about mine.

As it says in the write up the torsion box is 3/4 sandeply from HD with kreg pocket hole screws and 1/2 ply top with fomica.

The legs are bolted on so I can change the height if need be later on.

I can stand on this.

Outfeed Table Click here
    Bartee Lamar

Thanks for all the suggestions and pics. I think I can come up with a pretty stable table from this. I was wanting something slightly temporary that I could use to assemble if needed. I have a dropdown that I use when my saw is in the shop but was wanting something heavier to use while I had the saw moved in the house.
    Thanks again

That a NYW table. I made one myself with the EZ system and find it to be very handy. I roll it out in to the driveway and work. Pretty heavy duty too. If I need to reach something, I roll it over and stand on it (I'm 250 lbs.)

Regards,
    Chuck

Newbie question;

I am curious why the mitre slots extend into the outfeed table?

Joe,

For outfeed tables right against the saw table, miter slots are handy because you often push the miter gauge past the blade and the bottom rail of the gauge would hit the outfeed table and stop. Especially handy if using a crosscut sled, etc.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.